Thursday, May 28

BEST THOUGHTS

Hey stamper friends. Well, I received my box of goodies yesterday and here is my first card made with BRAND NEW items.

First, I love this NEW color called TIP TOP TAUPE! It is a little softer than Early Espresso but compliments it well. I think if you stamp off once it will match the ribbon more closely. The ribbon is definitely lighter than the ink as you can plainly see here on the card. The bottom section of the card is sponged in Tip Top Taupe, the flower image is stamped in Early Espresso and the Everything Eleanor swirl is stamped in TIP TOP TAUPE so you can see the different colors together. I think this is the first time in 10 years that I don't think the ink and ribbon match exactly, they compliment one another but are not the same intensity. Very off for Stampin' UP! That being said I still like it a lot!

The New ribbon is very light weight so here I teamed it up with our Satin Ribbon and it looks nice.  I will be playing with this set called BEST THOUGHTS and see what other techniques I can use with it. I tried two today but they just didn't work with the image so I will be going back to my drawing board.

Have any of you got the NEW CATTY YET? Hmmmmm....I don't mean to be negative but it is "little", for sure. I mean 60 pages smaller....YIKES. I looked at an old 2006 one today and that thing had some meat to it! LOL! Anyway I will be interested to hear some chatter about image quality in the new catty as well as paper weight for the pages.

Enjoy your day!~hugs. STAMPIN' UP! BEST THOUGHTS, NEW 2015 Stampin' UP!, Stampin' UP! 2015 Catalog, TIP TOP TAUPE

No comments: