Wednesday, March 4

SPRING IS A COMIN' ...right?


Hey Stampers! I have missed you guys and I have missed stamping too. As you know I was on vacation for four weeks and within 12 hours of being home I had elective surgery for my gall bladder. I have to say I thought I would be a lot more spunky by now but that ain't happenin' (insert sad face).

Today, is the first day I have been out of bed, and I felt well enough an hour ago to make a card; but in all honesty it has wiped me out. I am not at all used to this, I thought after 5 days I would be feeling much more energetic. Anywhooooo enough about me, how are you all doing? What have you been working on and what has inspired you lately?

I had no idea where to begin to make a card after being gone for so long so, I took a peek at some challenges to get me going. I chose a layout from Hand Stamped Sentiments and turned it on the long side of the card and used circles instead of a tag motif so I could incorporate it into the challenge over at Tuesday Throwdown and finally used Washi Tape for the challenge at City Crafters  . I used the Washi Tape for my banner and then punched wholes in it to mimic the circle motif.

OK! It is time for me to go take a nap.....I sure hope I get spunky soon....hugs to all of you! ~Enjoy!

15 comments:

Erika Clark said...

I love your take on the challenge...the circle is awesome! Your punched and embossed banner flags are so clever, and YES! I wish spring would come! Hope you're feeling better. Gall bladder surgery will really knock you for a loop. Best wishes, and thanks for playing at HSS! ~ Erika

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Nicely done , thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Donna K said...

Hopefully today is a spunkier day for you! Your design is so fun. I love the colors and the spatters of color throughout! Thank you for sharing with us at Tuesday Throwdown Have a beautiful day! ~Donna K

Sandy said...

For not knowing where to start, you really started in the right place. This is beautiful! I love the colors, so classy. Sorry you are not bouncing back as fast as you hoped, but I hope you get well soon. Glad you are home. Take care. Hugs to you.

Elizabeth Price said...

What a super cool interpretation of the challenge--it's so sophisticated. I hope you get to feeling like yourself real soon. A big thanks to joining our sketch challenge at HSS. Many smiles and well wishes, Elizabeth

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Pretty!!! Love all the texture!!!
Great job with the sketch!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

Darnell J Knauss said...

What a great designing eye you have, Donna, to punch those holes in the Washi tape to incorporate the circle theme! I love it! I hope you get your energy level back to normal soon. Thank you so much playing in the City Crafter challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Ros Crawford said...

So sorry you are feeling rough ... Your card is terrific ... I love everything from the design to the colours ...Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!!

Samra Leshinski said...

Great card! Thank you for joining us at CCCB this week!!
Samra DT

inkedx2 said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon my friend! I love this card. I think my favorite part is the sprigs of card stock coming out of the circle. Such a clever idea. Thanks for joining us at HSS.

OriBella said...

Beautiful card!!

stampinbygenny.com said...

I hope you get your strength and mojo back. Surgery can take a lot out of you. Great take on the sketch. Your creativity is returning. Love the round tag and the colors are so pretty! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

stampinbygenny.com said...

I hope you get your strength and mojo back. Surgery can take a lot out of you. Great take on the sketch. Your creativity is returning. Love the round tag and the colors are so pretty! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Stella said...

I hope you will feel better soon. Take care. Your card is a lovely take on our challenge, Love your use of washi tape and the colors. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

Kim said...

I love the splatter background and the beautiful layout. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Kim - TT DT
www.lilypatchstamps.com