Tuesday, March 31

Sketch Challenge Fun!

Hey friends! Wow it is April tomorrow and we still have snow everywhere. I am beginning to see little patches of brown grass where the sun has gone to work but we are no where near seeing anything springlike anytime soon! It is beginning to get a little old! LOL! Anyway here I have a spring colored card with some summer juiciness to bring hope to all of us up here in New England! I hope you are inspired to grab some pussy willows at least!

Enough of the depressing talk about weather lets get on to this card. I used a Heart Die to create the straberry and just rounded the bottom point a tiny bit. Then I created little seed pods along the surface with a Stamp 'n Write marker and a White Gel Pen. So cute. I used the Build a Bird Punch for the green leaves and mounted it on black for a pop of lusciousness.

This was all done for the challenge over at Try Stampin On Tuesday  They had a photo of Strawberry Shortcake and a sketch to follow for inspiration. I did both! ~ENJOY!

8 comments:

Super Stamp Girl said...

Hi Donna, first I love pussy willows too! They're my favorite part of spring here in New England. And, I love your cute little strawberry, it has me dreaming of summer and all it's sweet fruits. Thanks for playing with us this week at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! Crystal

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Donna great strawberry! Lovely.
We still have snow on the ground in Michigan too! YUCK.... come on Spring!
hugs

Kathy S said...

What a totally clever way to make a strawberry! I love how you created the highlights on it too. Great us of the Try Stampin' on Tuesday Challenge. Take care.

Maya Smith said...

Love the colour combo and that strawberry looks so delicious! I want a shorcake now...:)
Greetings, Maya S. | Bromley End of Tenancy Cleaning

Sandi said...

Love your strawberry and how you interpreted the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Try Stampin on Tuesday! Hope you will join us again! Hugs, Sandi Lee

Lynda said...

I love your card, it's adorable. The color choice is fantastic xx Thankyou for joining us over at Try Stampin On Tuesdays and hope to see you again soon Lynda DT xx

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

What a fun card, Donna! Love the strawberry that's the focus of your card. It makes me want my strawberry patch ready so I can do a little picking and lots of eating! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
Sara H.

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a wonderful card!! I love your strawberry, makes me hungry!! Thanks so much for stamping along with us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.