Friday, March 6

Dreams Come True


Hi Stampers! I used reinkers in a bowl of water for this background paper. It actually textured the paper a bit and made it resemble water color paper. For the butterfly I used a scrap piece of my technique I tried last year and have not perfected yet. But, you can see that even by using the same reinker colors the brightness is exaggerated in the butterfly. Oh! if I could just get this to work EVERY TIME! Today, Just Add Ink has a fun challenge, and I too used the Butterfly as my inspiration, but with some other colors to go along with in. Stampin' Royalty chose embossing  this week so, I added some embossing on this card as well. Finally, the all around theme of Thinking of You was inspired by the gals over at  The Card Concept  Have a great weekend! Hugs~

10 comments:

KimB said...

Donna that background does look fabulous - and the colours on your butterfly are wonderfully bright! Thanks for joining us at Just Add ink this week.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Thanks for sharing this interesting card with us at Just Add Ink, the cute little butterflies you've added really go with our inspiration photo.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Christine Blain said...

I was sure that paper was watercolour paper, Donna! Great, inky, effect. I also really like the way you've included the black die-cut butterflies on your card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

Jodene said...

Great card Donna, I really love that background you have created! Cute idea to have the butterflies peeking out from behind the main panel too! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week :)

inkeverywhere said...

This is a great techniques for backgrounds - I love the swirling patterns it makes. Chantell JAI

inkeverywhere said...

This is a great techniques for backgrounds - I love the swirling patterns it makes. Chantell JAI

Kerin said...

I'm glad to see you playing along with us at The Card Concept Donna! Gorgeous background, especially with your perfectly matched butterfly. Beautiful, as always :)

Carrie Rhoades said...

Thanks for joining our embossing challenge at Stampin' Royalty with this cute card.

inkedx2 said...

Hey Donna ~ love your background. I also love that butterfly. Hope you are able to get the technique worked out as I love the look. Maybe it would be good just to have a different look each time. :)

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful! Love the background and butterfly! Thank you so much for playing along with The Card Concept!