Friday, January 16

Waxed Paper Enbossing


Hey everyone, the weekend is here and there was no snow to shovel so I decided to play along with the Paper Plunge and do this card using a technique I am calling Embossed Waxed Paper! Mainly because that is what it is. I took a piece of Waxed Paper and roll it up into a tight ball, then I opened it up flat and using a salt shaker I sprinkled it with gold embossing powder into the crevices. Then, I  used the heat gun to emboss it. After it was embossed in gold I sponged it with Tangerine Tango and Old Olive inks.I used that for my center focus and added a scene around it. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Laura H said...

this is absolutely GORGEOUS! never had done this technique!
Hugs!
Laura

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Amazing! When I grow up I wanna be just as creative as you! Hugs xxx

Debbie Neuman said...

How did you get the embossing powder to stick to the max paper without versa mark? Doesn't it just fly around? This is too cute and I am trying to find out how you did this. Thanks, Debbie

Anonymous said...

The embossing powder sits in the crinkled creases...it doesn't blow around too much if you have a very hot gun

Sandy said...

Wow, Donna! You always amaze with something new and creative. I love the look of this technique. Thanks for sharing. Hugs to you.

Joni said...

Donna you never cease to amaze me!!! This is beautiful! How you come up with this stuff I'll never know! Absolutely gorgeous!!!!! luv u!