Friday, January 2

Get Well


Hey everyone.....are you rested? Not so much huh! Well I had to make a card for a friend of ours who suffered a heart attack on New Year's Eve. He is fine and doing well so I wanted to cheer him up a bit. I do not own too many male images so I used the map background image and the sketch from Paper Plunge to create this card. I singed the edges of the card stock using a heat tool, but first I stripped the card layers so the paper was thin and curled from the heat. Next I added a bunch of sentiments to let him know just how much we want him to recover quickly. This card is bigger than normal so I grabbed my Envelope Bunch Board and made a coordinating envie too.~Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

Amanda Frankel said...

What a wonderful card - and masculine too! I love that you made a coordinating envelope! Great job on the sketch, and thank you for playing with us this week over at www.ThePaperPlunge.com

Leslie Mahon said...

LOVE this card, Donna! I love the singed edges...just perfect for this dsp! Thank you, once again, for sharing your talents at The Paper Plunge! Happy New Year to you!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Have never tried singing with heat tool. Great effect. Love the card.hope your friend is doing better. Hugs xxx

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Donna beautiful card and love the masculine touch. The singed edges are FAB....
Hope you a have a Very Happy New Year and I look forward to your inspiration for 2015. hugs.

Helen Burnley said...

Totally awesome card, Donna. I love haw you you singed the paper - what a nice effect. You know how much I adore your work. I can only aspire to create like you. Hugs xxxxx ooooo

inkedx2 said...

Fabulous card Donna! I am sure the recipient loved it. Thanks for sharing a few new ideas - stripping the layers and singing with a heat tool. Glad you played along with us at TPP.

Robbie