Monday, January 12

CREATIVE BLOG HOP



Hey stampers I have a surprise today and I am very excited to tell you that I have been nominated to do a one~time Blog Hop for the Creative Blog Hop. I have never participated in Blog Hops before, because I am always nervous to do them. I do not like schedules or commitments, because those two things seem to dull my creativity and I feel pressured. This time however, I felt stress free and the timing was right, and because it was  "JUST ONE TIME"  I decided I would try it. I hope you are not disappointed. 

Right off the bat I want to thank CHRIS SLOAGAR  for nominating me to play along with the Creative Blog Hop, I am sad to say I do not Chris personally, but I have grown to enjoy HER creativity from stalking her blog . I know you will love her fresh fun style too, so go take a peek!

Today, I was a little SCARED AND DIDN'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO to inspire you. I couldn't decide if it would be a new kind of box? Or would it be the Bokeh Technique or something new and different!

One of the things I love to do is to use an image in an unexpected way. For this card you just don't expect to see a bicycle all dressed up on the shore of a snowy ocean! This scene makes a fun gift card for a winter birthday, or it can be used as a hope filled card for those of us just waiting for spring to come!
Adding just a bit of color on an otherwise clean canvass tells the story! I used Soft Sky card stock and Whisper White craft ink to sponge the waves of this winter sea with just a little Marina Mist for accents. Then I stamped the bicycle from Life's Adventure in Staz On and painted it with Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Markers and then added some bakers twine tassels. I hope it inspires you to do something fun with a stamp set meant for something else.

OK, now that I have presented my card for you I have been asked to answer four questions that might give you an idea of how my mind works when I get down to creating.

                1. What are you working on now?
                                Recently, I have been working on a mechanical card that creates a POP UP BOX!  It has not been easy to design, but the prototype is complete and now it is time for me to tweak it. I am very excited to show it off and I think all of you in the stamping/crafting world will be also!
               

                2. How does your work differ from others in your genre?
                                My style is soft and clean and my signature is Neutrals. I love Very Vanilla and use it almost exclusively in most of the cards I create. I love to combine lots of neutral layers with textures, ~and ribbon is my favorite embellishment because I love it when a bow looks like something tied in a little girl's locks of curls.
                3. Why do you create what you do?
                                Wow! I create for the simple reason of selfishness. I know we are supposed to share but for me it is all about the high I get when I step back and look at a card sitting on a stage and ready for photographing. I love the moment of surprise after I add "this or that" to card stock and it SINGS! Finally, after the mere process of creating is complete, I design to help others think outside the box!

                4. How does your creativity work?
                                For me creating is all about thinking outside the box! So, I get super excited when I can design something that has not been done before! I look for inspiration in places other than card making. It may be jewelry, as in my Quartz Technique; or antique lace linens for the layered look, or even something in my kitchen cupboard, like what I use for Grandma's Swirl. Most recently I was thinking about how I could created bright light in the Bokeh Technique. It is all the rage right now (we see it even in our church
decorations). The difference for me was I wanted my design to POP and SPARKLE and be filled with light, just like in photographs that I have seen of Christmas Lights. Playing around with that goal in mind I was able to sponge colors to acheive that look.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and be sure to visit the two blogs I have nominated for next week!  Here they are......Marie Green at My Tanglewood Cottage I saw her fall tri fold card and fell in love with it, and Angela Carter at Angela's Ink Link . She has been a demo buddy of mine for a few years, and has an awesome creative eye .

5 comments:

Chris Slogar said...

What a gorgeous shore scene! The bike is a perfect touch at a time when we are dreaming of warmer weather. Thanks for playing along!
Chris Slogar

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Donna this is Stunning! and so unexpected...is right! Very cool card.
hugs.

Marie Green said...

Wow! You are so creative. At first I thought it was a painting. I like the way you pulled this card together with the shore and the bike. Love, love, love it!

Rose Ann Marr said...

OMG Donna your card is stunning. I can't believe how beautiful you did the waves. Wow.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Glad you took a moment ... Was really interesting to read about your style! Hugs xxx PS Love the card! Can't imagine what frosty waves look like in real life.