Tuesday, December 9

Two challenges One Card


Hey Stampers! How is everyone doing? It is rainy here in the northeast and I feel blessed that we have not had any snow this year!YET! I love snow except for the fact that it needs to be shoveled BY ME! My drive way is over 120 feet long and fours car widths wide....so not a project I relish anymore at 61 years of age. So, what does that mean to you? A new card from me. LOL! I get to play this morning. I have seen a few cards with a technique that has the look of filmy lights overlapping an image of late. I do not know what the technique is called and could not find any examples this morning of the idea I a m trying to tell you about. But I did kind of remember what it looked like so I tried it using the new mask template from SU called Dots and Stripes. It was perfect for the Snowflakes challenge at City Crafter (because my snowflakes are just drops of water on a window), and the color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiment. Next time I will go a little less heavy on the craft white ink. This card was easy enough to make by repeatedly stamping the image from Lovely As A Tree over and over onto a 12" x 12" piece of cardstock, inking the technique and then cutting the images into 2" x 3" rectangles to make a stack of cards. You will notice I did not put a sentiment on it, this way I can use it for any occassion and have a ton at my fingertips. Sympathy, Birthday, Thinking of You and lots of other occassions! PERFECT. I hope you enjoy and will try it for yourself. OH! Before I sign off if any of you know the technique name I am referring to could you drop me a line. Hugs~Donna

14 comments:

Stella said...

You are smart; and your take on our theme is brilliant. Love love love the design of your card. Thank you for being with us at CCCB!

TiaraHelen said...


Hi Donna
That's a pretty card!

I think the effect is called "bokeh", and it comes from a sort of filter you can put on your camera that turns the lights into shapes, usually circles from what I've seen. x

Sid said...

Loving your design, very impressive card !!

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely card .... your Bokeh effect is lovely! Thanks so much for sharing your talent here at CCCB!!

Charlene said...

Hi Donna, your card is so pretty!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us this week at CCCB :-)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Gorgeousness! hugs

inkypinkies said...

Your bokeh effect looks so pretty! I love the trees and the soft colors. Thanks so much for playing the color combo at. HSS! ~ Erika

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Pretty!!! Love, Love the background!!! Perfect for the color challenge!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

brrenwick said...

Oh my...I love the bokeh effect with the trees...such a great idea with this color challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

stampinbygenny.com said...

You created a very pretty scene with the "Bokeh" effect. I love the trees and the simplicity. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

stampinbygenny.com said...

You created a very pretty scene with the "Bokeh" effect. I love the trees and the simplicity. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

stampinbygenny.com said...

You created a very pretty scene with the "Bokeh" effect. I love the trees and the simplicity. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Elizabeth Price said...

Such a sophisticated and stylish card! What I really love is the placement of the trees image and how it runs off the right edge--that's so smart. Thanks for joining our sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

inkedx2 said...

I see you have used your favorite set again. It is perfect for this effect. Thanks for playing with us this week at HSS. Miss you my friend!