Wednesday, September 24

Bigz Cut Acorn Border


Hey friends! Today's card has a fun approach to it. I wanted a clean fresh look with a splash of fall color .....so I went to my stamp room and here is what I came up with.

I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and then ran the edge through my Big Shot using the selective embossing technique to emboss only part of the die. I created a border of acorns just by turning the paper from right side to wrong side and upside down. LOVE IT!!!! Then I took another piece of Whisper White card stock and masked the edge with painters tape, but you can use grid paper just as easily and sponged some Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler and Mossy Meadow to create a bright and vibrant background. It pokes out through the front cut out just enough to pop with color! Add a panel for a sentiment attached it to the back panel and voila you have your card!~Enjoy!

selective embossing class

4 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Well, that is just lovely. I LOVE autumn colors, and you got em!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Come back any time!

Becky said...

What a fabulous card! Love the design and colors.

Laura Lynn said...

this is strikingly beautiful Miss Donna! Miss you!
Laura

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What is that die??? Better go and check out my catty ... cos it is fabulous! Love the colours! Hugs xxx