Monday, August 4

NEW SU GOODIES and CHALLENGES


HEY there friends!I have a lot of gabbing to do today and lot's to share with you too!  It has been a long time and you know why...but all is good and I was able to get into my stamp room this morning.  So, before I prepared for my upcoming class I got inspired with MOJO MONDAY and created their sketch. The White Satin Ribbon is back so I used that for a bow and then added a button from the idea at PAPER PLAYERS!  MAKE MY MONDAY  has a bird theme challenge today. Ok so you are saying to yourself, I didn't see that bird in the NEW catalog? Well, you'd be right but this is from Touch of Nature my all time secretly loved stamp set that I have never been able to part with. It is from 2005!  WOWZA! Anyway the NEW stamp set called
An Open Heart would work PERFECTLY! I just don't have it yet!

I also used the Scallop Tag Topper Punch and can I say I just LOVE it too! Hey how do pronounce "scallop" where you come from. I say sCALLup but I bet some of you say sCALlop like GAL right! I am from New England and we have the Scallop Festival going on right now....ok so a little side trip in my mind...let's get back to the card!

Are you enjoying some of the NEW embossing folders like the ones shown here? Super cute! Finally the sentiment that I used is from the NEW set that I received at Convention called Amazing Birthday, it is not something I probably would have picked for myself from this catalog, but I just can't say how excited I am to have been S U R P R I S E D when I used it. Here I took a scrap piece from this card using BLENDBILITIES and stamped over the colors in Memento Ink to create the shading. You can bet I will be looking at more sets with this technique in mind when I browse my catalog next time! Ooops  one last thing...see the curl on the corner of the paper? Well slide your fingernail between a couple of the layers of cardstock fibers and gently pull it appart. Then use out piercing tool to curl the paper! A little jazz is all it takes! Well, have a great week everyone. ~Hugs and ENJOY!

10 comments:

Texas JennyWren said...

Hey Donna, cute cute card, girly!! I love that little birdie. I, too, have an older stamp set that I will never part with and it has several birds and a nest. What does retired mean to stamp lovers anyways, right? Enjoy some scallops for me, ok? I sure miss the lobsta' rolls from my childhood!!

Yapha said...

What a fun card! Your coloring is lovely. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a lovely card!

Andrea W said...

Wonderful card! I love how you colored the little bird and your bow is terrific.

LeAnne said...

WHAT!!!! You were at convention and I MISSED YOU?! Horrors! Dang, wish I'd known! ANyway, your card is lovely and I must revisit those EFs because I must have missed them...they're awesome! Thanks for sharing this and playing with the Players this week!

Sandy said...

So very nicely put together. I love all the texture and especially that birdie. Very pretty. Love, love, love, New England seafood and can't wait to go back again.

Mynn xx said...

This is SO fabulous! LOVE the bow you created and all that amazing texture! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

laurie said...

Love all the texture on this card, especially that awesome button! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Players!

stampwithsandy said...

Love all the yummy layers, the mix of ribbons, the distressing, everything! Thanks for playing along with my button challenge this week at The Paper Players, Donna!

Nance Leedy said...

Such beautiful texture and the coloring on the bird is wonderful! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players!