Sunday, June 22

One Layer Masked Blendabilities


It seems like I have been doing a lot of Sympathy Cards lately, but I have needed more than usual. This week my Dad's classmate, brother in law, friend passed away. He like my dad was 90 and had just returned home to Delaware from visiting my dad here in Boston. He was strong and vibrant and it was a shock to all of us. Here is one of the cards I made for a cousin.

I masked off  Very Vanilla Card along the edges using masking tape to create a clean bright VV border. Then I masked a circle and used BLENDABILITIES  to create a somber sunlit sky using the same technique found in my OMBRE CLASS. I maksed the blended circle and created a dark black outline using Staz On ink and a sponge. I finished it with a sentiment stamp from the Hostess Stamp Set  Bloom in Hope.

I created a Flower using the Pansy Punch and colored the card stock for that first with Blendabilities Ombre Technique.

Today's challenge uses the ONE LAYER CARD theme from Our Daily Bread Designs

6 comments:

Texas JennyWren said...

Donna, what a creative way to create your background. Awesome!! Thanks for sharing with us.
txjennywren.blogspot.com

Linda Carson said...

This is gorgeous Donna! Love the masked edges and your sun lite sky! Very dramatic yet soft adding the flower! Love it! Thanks for creating with us this week at ODBD!

denmo said...

Stunning card, very very different and beautiful...love it...Denise (UK) x

Debi said...

Hi Donna,
Love your Mojo card, which is what brought me to your blog. You talk about blendabilities in your post and the results are fabulous. But the link didn't help because when I typed blendabilities into the Stampin Up search I got nothing. I don't often buy SU so I'm not familiar with your catalog or where to look for more info. Can you help me out?
Thanks,
Debi
thatmightlookgoodonacard.blogspot.com

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Wowzer!
hugs

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Donna, this is stunning! I love your techniques and the beautiful effect you've used! A gorgeous one-layer card and one to surely bring joy at this hard time! So glad you've joined us for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs!