Friday, April 4

PUNCH ART MERMAID


I have made two cards today but I am only posting one for today! I have made this card for two challenges. One was over at Card Concept   and they wanted a Butterfly Theme, so instead of a shell on my mermaid's bodice I used a butterfly and like the way it contours her shoulders even better! The second challenge was over at Just Add Ink and they wanted lots of layers and I did that with the scales of her tail!I finished her all off by rising from the sea with my buttered buttons technique~Enjoy!
Now for the punches that I used.

Heart -very venilla sponged in Pink Pirouette FACE
Window Punch-Crisp Cantaloupe sculpted for her right arm
Butterfly-bodice
Build a Bird- waist,hips, tail end
Pansy Punch-tail
1/2" circle - scales
Heart- sculpted for her left arm
3/4" circle hip
BUTTERED BUTTONS TECHNIQUE

11 comments:

inkeverywhere said...

Wow this is cool - I love all the little embellishments and the waves. This card will the cherished. Chantell JAI

Tracey McNeely said...

What a unique way to use the butterfly, so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

Christine Blain said...

Very creative use of punches, Donna; lots of visual interest on this card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

Sharon Underwood said...

What a neat way to include the butterfly! Love it!

Dianne Gutchlag said...

What an awesomely fun mermaid. I especially love her scaled tail and the foamy sea she is surounded by.
Cheers, Dianne

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Oh gosh her tail looks amazing! You certainly managed to add lots of layers here.

Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

Trish
JAI Design Team

KimB said...

Your mermaid is a true work of art Donna. I love her glittery tail.Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Nancy Hawes said...

Donna , I'm so happy that my mermaids on my blog inspired your lovely card.

Jodene said...

Great use of punches and I love all of the texture! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Add Ink :)

Mae Collins said...

A beautiful mermaid. Love the little butterfly covering her modesty and that glittery layered tail is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with this week's challenge over at Just Add Ink.

Susan Joyce said...

Such a creative card, I like how you used the butterfly in your design.