Tuesday, January 14

WINTER FLOWER GRID



Today's card is different than what I usually do and has a lot of odd elements that sort of come together nicely. NO?

I used OFF THE GRID as my background for the panel element in the card and then used the colors from the challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiment to stamp the Snow Flakes from the retired Warmth and Wonder Hostess set, (you can use any snowflake).  Finally I used the die Blossom Party Originals over and over to create the flowers by cutting them and gluing them sometimes one petal at a time into shapes I wanted. I layered them on MultiPurpose Adhesive Sheets before cutting them out giving them more flexibility, and the punch Bird Builder makes pretty silvery leaves. I layered everything in black to make the colors Wisteria Wonder, Cool Cabana, and Strawberry Slush POP! Finally I added some NEW FANCY FOIL DESIGNER VELLUM to the inside edge and rounded the corners with my Envelope Punch Board. Are you familiar with the phrase evoo from Rachel Ray well I call my punch board DEPB  (Donna's Envelope Punch Board).
This is my Winter Flower Snowflake card for the challenge over at Timeless Tuesday! ~Enjoy

6 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Wow! Love this. I absolutely love the grid background stamp and I used constantly. I haven't used this flower die in forever.... but I LOVE how you mixed the layers with color and POPPED them all with black. So cool. I'll have to dig this out soon. hugs.

Katy McGloin said...

Absolutely stunning!

Diane Vander Galien said...

Beautiful!!!! Love the black accent on the flower- perfect!!!
The grid worked perfect for your panel. Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

Erika Clark said...

Wow, this did come together well! You have the most amazing eye for design, I envy that! I love the modern grid look with the pretty flowers. Wish I could see more of the inside :) Great job! Thanks so much for playing at HSS! ~Erika

brrenwick said...

Stunning card! I love how you made all of the different elements come together in such a beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

inkedx2 said...

Love this Donna! I don't have that Off the Grid stamp but I have been eying it. This is a lot of detail but you made it work as usual! Thanks for playing with us at HSS!

Robbie