Tuesday, January 7

S N O W Y W E A T H E R


Hey everyone! Today is bitterly cold here in the US almost every state is feeling the effects of a trough of cold air coming down from the North Pole! It is all relative so if you are 30 degrees in FL it is the same as  -18 degrees in Chicago! Be safe and stay warm...and what better way than to STAMP!

Today's card is a snow themed card but with some added hope in the words of the sentiment it is not all bad! I used a variation of my faux frosting and buttered technique for the snow and the theme is perfect for four challenges.

First I used the SHAPE DESIGN for Timeless Tuesday's challenge of no squares, rectangles or circles! Then I used City Crafters  and  Handstamped Sentiment  for birds, but  I also like the Black and White layers of Crazy4Challenges, their photo used a dot of yellow but I interpreted that to mean just a bit of color and I changed it to red!

I used the Apothecary Accents Thinlits to create the design of the card and the BIRD BATH TOO! I also used Gorgeous Grunge for snowflakes, Petite Pairs for the sentiment, and Warmth and Wonder for the cardinal.  Enjoy! my BUTTERED TECHNIQUE

18 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Donna LOVE this bird bath! I can see the negative from the framelits and in fact, I just was fingering this very scrap, thinking "what can I use this for?" before it hit the bottom of my garbage can! Hugs. Very clever.

Laura H said...

I think the whole country- minus Hawaii- is feeling the polar plunge! Thank you for sharing your <3 with us!
Laura

carol smith said...

OH, Donna! This is SO Gorgeous!!! You are awesome! You should have a whole page of comments on this one! Hugs

Maria said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous card with sweet cardinal and all the pretty textured snow!

Barbara said...

This card really WOW'd when I saw it. Very nicely done.

Ros Crawford said...

This is beautiful!! I love that snow ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Sandy said...

This is so beautiful Donna! And the single bird with the sentiment is perfect. Love that bird bath creation with the pretty snow. Such talent you have. Hugs.

jperr said...

What is the grunge stuff?
Lovely card.
Blessings Jocelan

Annar said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CCCB!!

Charlene said...

SO cute Donna!!!!Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

TLady said...

WHAT A CREATIVE & LOVELY CARD!!!!!!!!!:)

Krista said...

This is such a pretty card, so soft and I love the boldness of the birds. By the way...it's been in the 80's here in So. California, sorry. :) Thanks for playing at HSS.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How lovely, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Silke Ledlow said...

So cute Donna..awesome shaped card!

Heather P. said...

Love this!

polycrafty said...

This is such a striking card! Great, bold colors! And I really love the snow texture.

inkypinkies said...

Amazing! I love the shape, the black contrast with the pretty bird, and of course, the lifelike SNOW! I stamped on our bitter cold day, too, although it was only -11 here! Yikes! It's warmed up to a balmy 31 now. So glad you took the HSS challenge! Erika

brrenwick said...

Beautiful card! I love the bright bold bird and the snow texture is amazing! Hope it warms up for you soon! Thanks for joining us at HSS!