Tuesday, August 13

HAND STAMPED SENTIMENT CHALLENGE


Good morning Stamper friends! How are you this morning? Today I had a minute to try out a stamping challenge and let me say it was challenging. It is the "color scheme" of this challenge that is difficult for me. These colors have never been a combination that I have liked. Pear Pizzazz, Crushed Curry and Early Espresso. I like them well enough alone but together they give me hives! I can still remember an outfit I wore in second grade with these colors in it and every time I wore it it made me feel ugly and I experienced my self esteem ebb away. I tried to go to my happy place with Pistachio Pudding as a base but even that didn't help!  I really wanted to embrace this challenge and conquer that adverse effect the colors have on me.....it did not work! :)  However I did go ahead and plunge in and try to save some sort of card out of the whole experience for HAND STAMPED SENTIMENT and here is what I came up with. Do you have a color scheme you are just plain not fond of? Well, I hope this encourages you to embrace it! ~ENJOY! I'll see you next time!

12 comments:

Bada-Bing Creations said...

I think you did a great job! The colors work great on your design! Thanks for playing at HSS!

Roseanne Austin said...

I love it and think it really is a beautiful card.

Linda's Crafty World said...

Your card is very pretty. I am working on one as soon as I can figure out what I want to make. TFS

Krista said...

Thanks for fighting off your memories of ugly sweater days and playing along this week at HSS! I think you did an amazing job putting together this playful and fun card!

Erin Gonzales said...

Great card! I love the shading and coloring you did, that must have taken forever. Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

carol smith said...

Oh, Donna, you have just gone and done it again! Gorgeous! I LOVE wreaths, so I am definitely going to do this! Thanks. Hugs

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

I also see a great job! Curry was one of those colors I hated when it first came out but I learned to love it... especially with deep blues and purples.
I DO understand the color/hate thing though... so funny. hugs.

Cheryl said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Donna!

Erika Clark said...

Very pretty, I love the circle of butterflies and leaves. You did an awesome job with the color combo - childhood "color block" or not! It's beautiful. Thanks for playing at HSS :) Erika

ebeth9267 said...

Super gorgeous! I love your coloring/painting it is so crisp and soft at the same time. I am so glad you joined us at Hand Stamped Sentiments for this color challenge. Smiles, Elizabeth

Bobbie said...

This is really pretty! I wasn't sure about the color combo either! So happy you played along with HSS anyways!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

You definitely can never have too much happy! Xxx