Wednesday, July 31

DOWN BY THE BOARDWALK


Goodmorning Stampers. Are you old enough to remember Romper Room? Well if you do then you will remember the end of the show. I am going to take a cue from that memory and give a shout out to Diane O! Hi Diane...just a little goodmorning to you sweet follower!

Stampin Up! has great images this season and I especially like the one with the Jersey Shore Bike called Cycle Celebration as I am sure you can tell, LOL.

Summer is at the midway point here in New England at least for weather and I have not gone to the beach yet this year. So I brought the serenity of the ocean to me. I used brayering and sponging and some whimsical stamping to create this sweet old fashioned, down at the boardwalk scene. I hope oyu ffel the love! Enjoy your day!

The colors were chosen for colorQ and the theme of beach (shells) and the horizontal sections of a sketch from Fusion Challenge.

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is such a beautiful ocean scene, Donna!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Donna this is GORGEOUS! Love the scene!
I am "hoping" I am the Diane O you are shouting out to.... and YES,.... I DO remember Romper Room.
In fact ...my friends and I were just trying to remember what she said with the BEE Wand...??? Do bee ???? OMG this is so funny.
hugs.

Laura Haffke said...

I always wanted my name called while she was looking in the mirror! Mr. Do Bee and Mr. Don't Bee? Great walk down memory lane! Now for the card.... it is definitely beautiful, I can hear the tide hitting the shore and then retreating and the breeze giving the flags their flapping sounds. Another memory of the days spent at Holden Beach, NC with my mother-in-law & family.

Claudia Perry said...

WOW - those waves are stunning, they look so real/painted. I think you need to do a video on that for us... hint, hint... Awesome card!

Sandy said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! The waves are so real looking. Such a stupendous card. Hugs to you.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

So talented ... those waves are amazing! Love how your card tells a story! Hey! I remember Romper Room! Showing our age ... aren't we!!! Hugs xxx

Leigh said...

This is lovely Donna. Beautiful scene.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I'm not sure how you did this but it's gorgeous! I'd love to learn.....please teach us.

Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful! I would also like to know how you did this.

Patricia Gessner said...

This is a small masterpiece that captures all the shore is. TFS

Diane Ison said...

What a gorgeous card! I can hear the tide breaking when I look at that background. Amazing. I'll be featuring this card on my blog today, Donna.

Helen said...

OMG Donna. This card is simply beautiful. The waves in the ocean look so real - it's a painting! I'm in awe of this card, and everything you do. You're one of my favorites, and I'm so glad to have you as my friend. This is such a lovely piece of art!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

OMG... Had to come back to say You Tube has whole bunch of Romper Room original clips... so funny.
here's memory of the 'magic mirror'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMone14KZhI

Queen Bea Scraps said...

Wow, this is a beautiful card and I would love to make one myself. But since I am not an artist I'm pretty sure I could never make waves like that or the sky or the sand for that matter. So, what is your secret? Are you an artist? Did you paint the beach scene or is it a post card that you added the bike and balloon to?
In any case, I love it and I hope you will post a tutorial on how you made this beautiful card.