Tuesday, April 30

DYEING BY PRODUCT "mistake"


Today's card uses the sketch over at Hand Stamped Sentiments . I miss having some soft wide ribbon with a little weight. I love making bows and hoped that we would be getting something pretty in the NEW CATTY but that isn't going to happen for right now so I need to improvise. I had been making some Baby Centerpieces for my DIL shower this weekend and some of the items needed for the tables to be stuffed full with netting. SO! I used an extra piece to make this card. Can you see the nice texture on the green scrap. That was created while I was dyeing the vanilla colored netting. COOL mistake or by product huh! I'll be playing more with that soon! LOL!

Anyway I took the netting and created a rustic accent to use as my bow. I hope you are inspired to try NEW things. Have a fun stampin' Day! ~
#stampin Up!

8 comments:

Robbie said...

So cool! Did you use a stip of the netting to make a bow or was it just a scrap you bunched up?

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

The queen of improvisation! Always fun to see your latest discoveries! Hugs xxx

Erin Gonzales said...

Love your card!! I am especially loving the embossed strip, I am a sucker for texture! Thanks so much for sharing with us at HSS!

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the embossing and the colors.

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Pretty Technique!! Love the color combo!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

ebeth9267 said...

Okay this card is SUPER COOL! The hand dyed netting and paper scrap are like heavenly magic. I am so, SO glad you added your card to our sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

Erika Clark said...

I love the mottled colors! Very pretty. Thanks for playing at HSS:) Erika

inkedx2 said...

Love this. So glad you were able to play with us this week at HSS.