Saturday, March 9

PLANETS AND BUTTERFLIES


Have you ever seen the beautiful creations that Josh Simpson makes out of glass?
Well I collect his gorgeous works of art and sit jut gazing into them for hours dreaming. Today I have taken an idea of his and transformed it into a card. Full of little planets and dreamscapes. This is done using the brights technique. I call it BRIGHTS because in real life the colors of the Stampin' Up! inks just POP to a vibrancy not usually acheived! This is not the Quartz technique and it is done on flat surfaced paper not on a glossy finish. It is not done with Crystal Effects. UNFORTUNATELY I cannot perfect it yet and want to so badly because it is SO QUICK and dries almost on contact. So keep you fingers crossed that I get it soon. LOL! Anyway I also used it for the subtle blending of the colors in the butterflie wings. Can you see how effortlessly the colors blend from one hue to the next. AWESOME and easy too!  Anyway I hope you enjoy looking for the mystical planets and goodies in the square I especially love the petals look opn the left side. What is oyur favorite?

4 comments:

inkedx2 said...

Wow this is beautiful! This technique is going to be so much fun. I would be willing to play with it even if it is not perfected! :)

Sandy said...

So beautiful. Can't wait until I can try it too! I'm having fun imagining what all those pretty shapes are -- but my very first thought was Italy. We were just looking at our travel brochures, so countries were on my mind. Gorgeous. Love your new technique!

Amanda said...

This is seriously one of the most beautiful cards ( pieces of art) I have ever seen- really amazing, Donna!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What an amazing card! You are so gifted hunny! Hugs xxx