Monday, February 11

MANLY FAUX METAL BOX


It is difficult being away from my stamp room and I know that sounds like a baby complaining in light of the snow in the North East and the Tornados down south so my apology. I just miss it!

Anyway for today's inspiration I created a box for my "MAN" and did it in faux metal. Well sort of. It is actually cardstock with a metal panel embossed with the honey comb folder and distressed with re inkers and embossing powder! First I ran the metal sheet through the embossing folder, then I used my embossing buddy to remove any static. Next I used a Versa Mark pen or you could use a dauber in Versa Mark to add a sticky surface to some of the honey comb shapes and embossed them in black embossing powder. I then used reinkers in Early Espresso and Soft Sude to accentuate some of the other shapes and embossed them in clear embossing powder. I love how it turned out and it has a feel of leopard to it too! I hope your inspiration today will be to play with some metal sheeting or Reynold's Wrap. have fun and explore the possibilities. Hugs~Donna

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Great box Donna! I bet Steve will love getting his Valentine present in it.

Marisa said...

This looks amazing!!! Great project! Not sure if you saw, but I chose you as the JUGS winner the week you played along with the inspriation picture :) Have a great week.