Friday, February 1

BRILLIANT COLORS TECHNIQUE

This card is done with a fun technique that I played around with today. Can you tell that my mojo in the
" la bore a torey" is running amuk lately.

If you haven't been reading my blog then you might think I have gone MAD! I have been playing with a lot of different household items to create new and fun techniques and this is just one more. Be sure to scroll down to see my Butter Buttons, and Grandma's Swirl! This technique uses "one" ready in your food supplies item and reinkers. Love it! I tried three items and you can see how washed out the color was in the picture below. I am showing it because the girls in my chat this morning wanted to see some BLOOPERS! When that combination didn't make me happy I  removed just one of those items and the color POPPED like crazy! I hope you like it because it is really difficult to get fresh ripe BRILLIANT colors in stamping. But here it is. You can see from the plate that almost all the color has been absorbed by the card stock! WOULDN'T this technique be just unbelievable with the NEW Swallow Tail Butterfly. I can't wait until I get back from vacation to order that stamp set up and try it!~Enjoy!

7 comments:

Katy said...

That is a beautiful card! I love the rich colors!

KarenBeavers said...

Okay I am lost -- what is "one ready in your food supply" mean? I love the look but cannot find instructions or tutorials for this technique on your blog ... thanks

inkedx2 said...

This card is gorgeous in real life. I opened my mailbox yesterday and got it. Brightened my day! Thanks Donna.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Gorgeous! I am loving the kitchen sink techys!! Hugs xxx

Butternutsage said...

The ingredient is still a secret until I can get my class planner up and running

Sandy said...

Yes, this is super. It really looks like fun. Love how you spend time in your crafting laboratory making fun things. Hugs to you.

jeannine said...

hope you'll do an on-line class for those of us who live out of state! i would love to learn how to do this too!