Monday, January 28

SIMPLY SCORED BORDERS


I absolutely love this technique as being my most favorite of all the ones I have tried. I am calling it Grandma's Swirl because of the softness that is created. I love hues of browns and ivory and find this to be perfect for the Dynamic Duos challenge. I got my inspiration for the drape of color and lusciousness of frosting from the challenge in the photo at Just Us Girls. This is a variation for the Mojo Monday Sketch. I used the label under the main block to mimic their design. I think I love it the most because the color combination is foolproof. For this particular technique you do not choose a palette of colors but rather you are surprised at what colors emerge from the ONE reinker that you apply. For this card I used nothing more than one color reinker and all these variations of browns came out of that. I love it! This is not the quartz technique and it is not the shaving cream technique either.
If you look carefully I used another technique to create the raised embellishment. That is done with the new Simply Scored Borders Plate. I will submit this card for NEW TOYS! I hope you like the look.

19 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

This is such an interesting techniqe with big impact! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Becky said...

This looks so elegant! Awesome technique.

Marisa said...

What a fabulous technique and image it produces! Love the one single orange rose and row of pearls too. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week :)

Terstamper said...

So soft and elegant! The swirls look like silk or satin material folds.

Ter ;)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Such beautiful eye-candy! I can't take my eyes off it. STUNNING! HUGS XXX

Anonymous said...

This is a truly beautiful card that will keep people guessing "how did she do that." That includes me....how DID you do that???????

Sue McNeill
ssmcneill@hotmail.com

KarenBeavers said...

this is so gorgeous and elegant. I may have missed it but did you use the technique with the liquid glass or do you have a tutorial for this card we can purchase? Thanks so much.

Bobbie said...

WOW, that is truly unique-I'll have to look that one up. Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos.

Sandy said...

Wonderful! Just my colors -- beige and white. I love the look of this, so soft. I'm going to have to try this one. You have such a beautiful assortment of tutes. Hugs.

Paula Knall said...

Wow - Love that technique! xx

Ms said...

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that loved the card and wanted to know the technique... really was a classic looking card... very vintage feel to it.

Stamp with Sandy said...

Donna ~ This is GORGEOUS!!!! Please share how you did this! This will make a perfect background for my mom's birthday card.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

Sandy

Elise said...

THIS is very cool! Thanks for sharing your talent with Just Us Girls!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a beautiful technique, Donna! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

Tangii said...

Congrats on being Chic of the Week over at Just Us Girls! This is a wonderful card!!!! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls! Hope to see you again :)

Maureen said...

Beautiful - where can I find instructions for this technique??

Unknown said...

I love the soft colors this technique produces. Can you tell us how it is done or do you offer a tutorial?

Unknown said...

I love the soft colors this technique produces. Can you tell us how it is done or do you offer a tutorial?

Lesley said...

It's a beautiful card - but I can't work how how you created this technique could you e-mail me with details of the technique best wishes Lesley

my e mail address is L.Roulstone@btopenworld.com