Saturday, January 12

LAYERS AND LAYERS

Hey there stampers and friends! Today I made a card just for fun because I needed a break to play. Writing html for my NEW blog buttons (see above)was not easy and although I do feel like I accomplished something worthwhile, there are some bugs that I need to fix so please bear with me as you navigate through them just under my header teeeheee.
Anyway how about some talk about this card. I think this card has a lot going on ESPECIALLY for me, and it may be the result of residual stuff floating around in my head. So here goes the explanation.
 First, I embossed the hearts in Cherry Cobbler embossing powder. Then I masked them while I stamped in Versa MArk the Everything Eleanor swirl and some flower from some set that I forget the name of. I then proceeded to emboss them in White Embossing powder. Next, I sponged Basic Black ink all over the images in varying degrees. I added lots of mat layers and ink embossed one of them in Baja Breeze using an embossing folder and brayer. Lastly I used the NEW Simply Scored BORDERS SCORING Plate that can be found on page 26 in the new SPRING CATALOG from Stampin' UP! for a border under the image layer.
Have a great weekend I'll be showing more valentines in the days to come!

5 comments:

Texas JennyWren said...

Nice card. I love red, black and white together. So classy.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is stunning, Donna ... And thanks for the details ... Usually I have to look & look to try & work out how you did it! :) I know this was made with a lot of love for a very special guy! Hugs xxx

Pat Turner said...

Just beautiful. I love the layers and design. Thanks for sharing!

Becky said...

I think it is "gorgeous"..

inkedx2 said...

Beautiful Donna! Love the embossing with the new borders plate. Need to play with it.