Saturday, November 10

LET the Season begin from my house to yours!

I made todays card for two challenges. The first one was to make a Ribbon Wreath on your card for Just Us Girls. I did that by punching a circle on the card stock and then layering it with individual awareness folded ribbons. The second was to make a one layer card with the theme Houses at Less is More and what is a more significant image of a house than a door. I inked a Night of Navy masked rectangle, sort of a plain kaliedoscope technique effect onto the card . I used the same idea as my Quiet Stillness card that I made a couple of years ago (Dec. 2008) . It won Shelli's pick in her winter challenge. ( I know I can't get away from that technique because it is just so simple to make it...daub daub away!)
Then I  added more white craft ink onto the Night of Navy ink for door panels to make a  no layer door frame! A few embelishments and you've got it! Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by! ~Donna

10 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Super elegant, Donna!! Love it!

Kathyk said...

Delightful and, as just said, very elegant

Kathyk

Loli said...

Hola Donna, very elegant card.
Hugs from Palma de Mallorca Spain

Anne said...

What a lovely card, clever idea! Not sure if it is one layer though...

Mynnette said...

Such a gorgeous card! LOVE your door!!! How clever! :)

Laura Haffke said...

Donna, this is a beautiful card. Any front door would look lovely with your welcoming wreath!

Chrissie said...

Not exactly a house, but a really brilliant door!
Great technique.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More
We would be really grateful if you could remove the word verification from your blog, thanks.

Marisa said...

Love your door and wreath, Donna! Lovely take on the two challenges and the bling door knob is a winner :) Thank you for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

Jen said...

hi donna.. fab card even it it isn't quite one layer...

Thanks so much for joining us
Jen
Less Is More

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Very festive, Donna! I have missed popping by after 4 weeks of being MIA. my stace lost her baby ... Then ... After a week of helping her out ... Babysitting & cooking dinners ... We had 2 week cruise ... And then a week of catching up! I had to clear my google reader & start fresh. So here I am! Hugs xxx