Thursday, November 1

GOBBLE GOBBLE


Well this month has flown by with all sorts of things happening in our lives here at my home so I barely even got to think about Halloween. BUT that doesn't mean that I am not ready for Thanksgiving! I began with my little acorn place card holder shown here in the foreground and now made this contrasting punch art turkey. I used the BLOSSOMS PETAL BUILDER for the turkey and then I sponged ovals and circles to make pumpkins and watermelons and squash. I finished them of with a curly queue section from Tea Shoppe to make tendrils at the stems of the veggies! I did use a retired sentiment because I love it so and it worked perfectly with this image. It is just perfect for the challenge at Play Date Cafe too with all the rich pie spice colors of  fall. Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your Halloween frights and I be back soon!

~Donna

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Very well done!! Love the turkey and his surroundings. Gorgeous font on the script too.

Bonnie said...

This is super creative, Donna! Amazing that you made a turkey with the Blossom Builder punch. I'll be looking at that punch from a different direction from now on.

Diane (DeeDee) said...

Love the Turkey! Please share how you made the veggies. What did you use to get the spots on the turkey? Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Butternutsage said...

DeeDee I used punched circles 1" and 3/4" and the large oval to make my pumpkins and squash. Thanks for asking. Oh and I used craft ink on the black for the turkey feathers.

Sandy said...

This is fabulous, Donna. Once again you show your "above and beyond" creativity. I love this!

Carol Carriveau said...

Love, love, love!!! I collect turkeys...believe it or not and when I saw this card, it literally took my breath away...absolutely awesome...and I have to try to make one...how did you make the turkey's head??? Thank you for sharing this awesome artwork!!!!!