Friday, September 14

Challenges in Jewels of Autumn Colors

This week flew by for me how about you? I didn't even post much, um one day actually. My apologies. This afternoon I browsed some challenges and was amazed at how many used the challenge of fall. What was more surprising was the color scheme in the blogs that held color challenges. Well I was up for that and decided to use my embossing folder and a brayer to make a rainbow colored card. Here I used Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Cherry Cobbler to create this sherbert l;ooking concoction by adding scotch tape to the folder before I brayered it and then removed it before I placed my card stock into it. Love how easy it was!  I added some Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant and Concord Crush and Lucky Limeade to round the card out for the color challenges at
Paper Pals Art , Playdate Cafe , Create With Connie and Mary  Have a great weekend. Enjoy! ~Donna

13 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm loving how you layered that gorgeous flower on the black, really makes it pop! Thanks for hanging out at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

inkedx2 said...

Beautiful Donna! I will have to give this one a try.

Patrice said...

Great use of the colors - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-37.html

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Sherbet is the perfect description! I have looked and looked but still can't work out how you got the colours to blend so prettily! Great effect & such a wonderful card! Hugs xxx

Mary Brown said...

Oh how pretty! I love you created the color panels behind your image! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

anya said...

What a fun brayering technique, the results are so soft and pretty. Thanks for joining us this week for the Play Date Cafe Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Very fun card, love how you did the sherbert background! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa said...

Fun background technique. Love the pearls in the center of the flower. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Lynn said...

Very pretty! Love the embossing and the background color. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Sandy said...

Very pretty. Love what you did with your emb folder. I'll have to try that too. You come up with some of the greatest ideas!

~amy~ said...

Really pretty...love all the pearls! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Gorgeous flower! I really like how you made the background, too. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jen said...

Gosh, how do you think of these things?!!! Beautiful!