Monday, August 6

Shaving Cream Tea Shop

Here is a card that is perfect for the City Crafters challenge that wants us to use only SOLID COLOR and no specialty patterned papers to create a card.

While Robbie from Inkedx2 was visiting me from Maryland we played a lot in my stamp room, and we even tried out some new techniques (for me at least) like this one using Shaving Cream! I like the swirls that are created so I used the paper as a background for this card.  I stamped the violets from TEA SHOP in Staz On and water colored them with a blender pen and finished them off with Crystal Effects so they would be shiny, and then I stamped the swirl from EVERYTHING ELEANOR in Marina Mist in the corner. Hello is from the new set called LACEY AND LOVELY. Robbie has gotten em to stamp some fun things on the insides of my cards too! Enjoy!
~Donna

9 comments:

lauren bergold said...

what an incredibly beautiful and elegant card! just soooooooo gorgeous and distinctive... and it's made with SHAVING CREAM??!?! go figure!!! ♥

CaKath said...

Donna, this is just GORGEOUS! I love the shaving cream technique and rarely see it. You have mastered it.

Ros Crawford said...

What a beautiful background ... i just love the colours and your stamp fits in perfectly with that lovely glossy look ... many thanks for playing at CCCB

Sandy said...

So pretty. Love the soft swirls and the shiny flowers. I forget to use Crystal Effects. Thanks for the reminder.

Linda R said...

That background looks wonderful. What a pretty card. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

Robbie said...

This card is so much better in person. Glad I was there to see it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How pretty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

TeriBStampin said...

Wow, Donna! This card is beautiful! I must try this technique sometime! Thank you so much for all you do!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

So glad you had such a fun op to stamp with Robbie! Such a unique & gorgeous design, Donna! Hugs xxx