Monday, August 27

EMBOSSING FOLDER TOO WIDE ? Here's a Trick

Well the Providence Regional was a blast and I had fun meeting up once more with Donna Griffith from the home offices! She and I had not seen each other since our presentation for Barbara Lash's  Spring Fling a few years ago and I was more than humbled that she remembered me and came up to talk to me during lunch time! BIG hugs to you Donna!
If you have a chance to go to Regionals in your area do not miss out on the fun and PRIZE PATROL!!!!

For today's card I did the challenge at Paper Players and also used my new Delicate Design Folders. I  have a tip to share if you want a larger area of embossing using those thin folders below! Did I tell you I won my choice of a FREE stamp set from Stampin'UP! from the challenge they gave us during convention to TWEET about what we heard at our breakout sessions? Well they GOOGLED the tweet and my post came up in Google and I WON!!!! I love winning stamp sets so I chose Gently Falling and used that set on my card too to make little flying insects! LOVE IT! Have a  great week everyone now for my TIP!!!!!!

When using the new embossing folders you will notice they can only go into the Big Shot in one direction because they are now too long to fit horizontally! Well I have a solution. I took an old beat up plate and cut it into different lengths so I have a plate to match each folder size in width. That way I can now only emboss a certain area at a time even when I HAVE to place it into the Big Shot the long way. Look here for what I mean using the new Delicate Designs to make a full card size embossed area!

Place the CUT PLATE onto the embossing folder and only that area will be embossed. It is great for the larger folders when you want only the long edge embossed but it won't fit sideways into the Big Shot! You can do rows and rows of the same imprint or emboss only select portions of the design to make your card just like you want, long or short dimensions! See how I embossed the entire leaf in the card above! Enjoy and have FUN!~Donna

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Nice trick. Well done :) Great card too.

GAZ said...

Your card is so pretty. Question: How did you cut the plates? This sounds like such a great solution to a problem I have been having!!! Thanks for sharing. GlendaJ

Katy M said...

This is probably the most beautiful card I have seen... absolutely lovely! I have been following your blog for a little while (my sister told me about you). Your work is amazing!

Brenda Hugar said...

Great card and great tip, but how did you cut the plates?

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

You are so clever, Donna! Glad you had fun with your friends at regionals! Hugs xxx

inkedx2 said...

Beautiful card Donna! Can't wait to use this idea.

mamajulie said...

Add me to the list of people who want to know how you cut the plate. Love the idea, and want to do it, but....how?

Amanda said...

Genius! I always leave your blog inspired and ready to try something new! Thanks for the tip - but you have to share how you managed to cut those plates!

Kathy Anthony said...

Great idea!! One more person wondering how you cut your plate!