Wednesday, August 22

BLACK and WHITE CLASS


WHEW where does the time fly? I have been so busy with end of summer fun that I have barely had a moment to stamp anything. My grand daughter's fifth birthday was this week and the humidity finally broke here in the Northeast and I took advantage of that. I took her and her brother and even her mother to the zoo! What a perfect excuse for me to go! It had been a very long time and I must say we enjoyed ourselves for an entire day and never got to finish the entire venue. If you are ever in the Massachusetts area I highly recommend the Southwick Zoo it is clean and beautiful and makes a perfect outing for children and grown children like me too!

Okay,  so now for some cards. I recently held a Black and White Card Class after seeing some beautiful examples from Convention 2012. Here I have a few to show you and I even stamped the insides thanks to my friend Robbie's inspiration for me to do so! Thanks Robbie! Now I did not re invent the wheel on all of these and decided to CAS a few from pinterest!

The sympathy card is made so that the white area of the card opens on a black piece of card stock, just a little different way of making a card. It is also embossed using the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder on the inside instead of the outside for some added texture. Enjoy your late summer days I'll see you again tomorrow!~Donna

4 comments:

Marisa said...

I love black and white cards. Great job on all of them.

inkedx2 said...

Beautiful cards Donna! Love how you finished off the inside (wink, wink)! Love the idea of the black and white class and may use the idea for one of my workshops!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! These are so beautiful! I have such an urge to do a black & white card now! Hugs xxx

Creative Monkey Designs said...

Great cards Donna. I miss Southwick Zoo! Do they still have the Helping Hands building there?