Friday, August 17

AUTUMN SYMPATHY CARD

    Autumn is my favorite time of year. I think it is because of the rich color and the prelude to the onset of more quiet days in the rythm of the season, so I am naturally drawn to fall colors in card making too! Here I have designed a portfolio sympathy card using the colors of the challenge at
 Just Add Ink on the exterior and then I added a little Soft Suede on the inside.  The design on the outside is like a portfolio and left with no words to be opened to reveal the message on the inside. The texture mimicks the feel of fall in heavier materials and natural fibers. Enjoy!

14 comments:

inkedx2 said...

Beautiful card Donna! I have got to get that embossing folder. Don't know how I missed it.

Sheri said...

Hi! I am a new follower to your Blog and just wanted to stop by and say hello. Love what you are doing here. :)

Carol Smith said...

OH< DONNA!!!

Fiona said...

Wow a lovely rich card full of texture and colour and love the pearls. I must try a card with two folds like that. Just lovely.

Kards by Kadie said...

Donna: Such a gorgeous card!

Anonymous said...

would you be willing to do a step by step on this card...it is truly stunning.

RevJan said...

Just beautiful! Can you share ingredients, instructions for how you did the leaves? Jan Grant

CaKath said...

I saw this yesterday but didn't have time to leave a comment. This is just stunning. Beautiful technique on everything. It would also be a lovely wedding card. TFS. Kathy

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

This is really gorgeous, I love all the textures you have on the card. I was going to give this embossing folder a miss but you have made it a "must have"! Thanks for enabling me and for playing along at JAI this week.

Jackie L Watson said...

Beautiful card, very clever. How did you make it? any future tutorials?

SherryBee said...

BEAUTIFUL card!!!! You did a fantastic job on it! I LOVE your stuff!!!
SherryBee in AZ

Jo said...

Wow Donna, this is so pretty. Love the card design and the way you have coloured the leaves on the top panel. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is amazing, Donna! I bet it is a winner over at JAI! Hugs xxx

Waseem said...

Love what you are doing here...very clever...how did you make it.Gift Card envelopes.