Saturday, June 16

CHALLENGES for Father's Day

TODAY'S card is for Father's Day and a few challenges too! Stamping411 has a sketch this week that was not easy for me. It has way too many layers for this  "minimally layered, lots of white space, girl"and it took longer than usual for me to design a card using that many layers. BUT! I used red white and blue for the color scheme at Just Us Girls  buttons and ribbon instead of tradition paper layers and it seemed to work just fine! Then I used the elements from Crazy4Challenges  which were to use 3 buttons, 3 pearls, and 3 flowers! Finally I added a bow and stamped ribbon for my sentiment for the challenge over at  Our Creative Corner   and Voila!  Enjoy your weekend! ~Donna

4 comments:

SiskiyouSue said...

Your card is lovely, obviously you managed to find the sweet spot in your discomfort zone!

Laurie said...

Very cute card!! I think you did a great job. I am your newest follower and would love it if you stopped by my blog as well.

Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

inkedx2 said...

Great card! Need to check out these challenges as they are new ones I have not heard of.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I can imagine you trying so hard not to make all those layers look fussy and you did a great job of being true to your style! I found the flowers intriguing for a fathers day card ... But whoever said that wasn't a great idea? Hugs xxx