Thursday, March 22

CLUB IDEAS



Hey everyone!

For the past few years I have been doing club classes in my home. They have ranged from a set price club, to a stock your stash club and lots in between but this season I decided to do a techniques club and tonight is our third meeting. Each time the club meets they receive an 8 1/2 x 11 handout with a quick overview of the technique. Then they create a 4"x 4" board to add to the typed handout. They practice the technique on the board before they create their finished card. They were all given a three ring binder at the beginning of the club to keep all of the techniques safely tucked into a plastic sleeve for later review and inspiration. Also for this particular club they receive the items used for the project. Such as Wonder Crayons for tonight's Black Magic Technique! Lastly they get a link for the complete pictorial of step by step instructions. I hope this inspires you to do some clubs of your own. Enjoy!


~Donna

5 comments:

Jeannine said...

I love this idea Donna! How do you charge for a club like the technique club? I'm guessing that the price changes each month based on what you are doing and the supplies that you order for each member? Do your members commit to a set number of months? I am a HUGE fan of yours and read your blog almost daily. Thank you for your continued inspiration! Wish I could get the hang of your doily cut out heart technique, just can't seem to do it.

Dale Morin said...

Great club! Love the whole idea of it and what a great way for your customers to remember each technique.

Tracy said...

You are my hero! I love the technique club! I'm so going to CAS this as soon as I get my stuff set back up! Love you Donna!!!

inkedx2 said...

Beautiful cards! Will have to try it with the watercolor crayons!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooh ... I did a similar thing with my technique club, Donna! Sadly ... I am no longer running this class due to family responsibilities!

I have missed out on some fun! A week away on hols followed by a busy week getting organised for our school fair has meant I have missed a few posts! Sorry! (I will scroll back & check them out!)

Hugs xxx