Tuesday, January 17

DOILY HEART



I want to thank the Designers at Hand Stamped Sentiments (card here) and Paper Players (card here) for choosing my cards this week as their picks. I am honored and grateful! ~thank you!

Now for today's card I tried and tried to get my Doily Embosslit to work and try as I might I could not. BUT! I did get to add some heavy duty shims and figured that I could at least use it for a shape in the center of my cards. SO here is what happened, purely by accident I might add. DON'T YOU just love when those accidents happen for the GOOD! Me too! Anyway....after making a boo boo I realized you can cut out ANY shape in the center of your card just by adding shims in that shape, similar to the raised embossed leaf I did in November! Have a go at it and enjoy the fun!~Donna


7 comments:

Diane (DeeDee) said...

Donna, I sure love the look of these two cards. I cannot for the life of me dulicate your process. I tried several different things then just cut out my front heart and the doily heart and glued them together. If you post the steps for this I would love to see them. TFS!

inkedx2 said...

Gorgeous cards! Can't wait to try this myself.

BetteK said...

As stunning as always, Donna, and I think these cards are simply beautiful ... well done with your discovery! Debbie xXx

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Very nice. Love this. I have done shims before for shapes, but not this. so pretty. hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi donna,

I love your little heart but can't for the life of me find the video. Can you please help. I really would love to make this technique.

thank you
Ann

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Well ... that is super! Thanks so much for sharing your video for this! Sadly we don't have the doily embosslits ... so no matter how much I am itching to try this ... I can't!!! I love love this idea ... and once again ... you are a genius! (Love that it happened by accident!) Hugs xxx

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Gorgeous! I think it's been a few days since I've visited you because you have some fabulous creations!! I can't wait to try your doily heart! TFS!