Sunday, January 15

Challenges and NieNie'sBlog Banner



Hey there friends! For today's card I did something I had wanted to do since January 1st when I saw the new monthly BLOG BANNER on my favorite heroines blog the NieNie Dialogues! I love looking at Stephanie Nielson's blog everyday, and I thoroughly enjoy looking at her new banner each month. This month the chilly cold blues and grays of her banner mesmerized me, and I knew I would make a card with that color scheme at some point. What I did not know, was that I would make a card for Stephanie that looked like her banner! SEE! Inspiration is everywhere. This card is my interpretation of her banner using Stampin' Up! stamp sets. You will see my take on her famous signature silhouettes, her special hot beverage cup, her typewriter, and even the view out her window . I enjoyed doing a triple cut Top Note background, embossed and sponged to match her's too. I hope you will find other details that tickle you when you check it out up close. This card fits in a standard business envie too. Enjoy! Now let's get on with some challenges!
Stamptacular Sunday wants TEXTURE and I think I did it by golly! This card has layers, and fabric, and rhinestones and embossing for the feel of "real"! I also used the theme monochromatic blue for the Crazy4Challenges site. Laura Lynn from my Morning Chat sent me a beautiful assortment of samples from the SU fabric selection and I decided to use one of those for the Fabric Challenge over at Stampin Royalty and lastly, snowflakes adorn the edges just like Stephanie's Blog Banner for the Creative Belli Challenge! Enjoy!
~Donna

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

This is SUPER!!! LOVE that little window and the typewriter - and everything else. What a fabulous scene! Just lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Belli Challenges.
Lynn

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

Oh My! So so pretty!

Becky said...

What a creative card, love how you did the window.

KarenBeavers said...

Okay give -- how did you cut that top note die as the background. Love this card. It is beautiful

Robbie said...

Beautiful card! Love the triple top note.

Heleen said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday and I wish you luck on the challenge. Hope we see you soon again at stamptacular.

Hugs,
Heleen

Jenn Picard said...

Oh my Donna this is fantastically creative! Love the way you used fabric on the card and of course everything else about it too. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

STASIA SLOMA said...

super cute card!!! loving all the details in it!!! thank you for taking the fabric challenge at the Stamping Royatly this week!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I know how much you love Stephanie ... and I can see oodles of that love jam packed into this little masterpiece! Hugs xxx