Thursday, January 12

CHALLENGES and Invite!

I made today's card for two challenges! The first one is for colorQ with Daffodil Delight, River Rock, Soft Suede and Soft Sky. I used Pool Party because I no longer have Soft Sky and Pool Party is very similar. The other challenge is the Sketch Challenge over at Freshly Made. I usually like to do challenges with themes and colors because I do not like to be restricted by a sketch. My style makes me happier when I can kind of work on a card as I go, but I like to be challenged and decided to go for it. As you can see from the finished card it was difficult! I hope you will take a peek at these sites and try a challenge too. SPEAKING OF CHALLENGES join us this on MORNING CHAT and our challenge for an EXPLOSION BOX. We'd love to see what you create, and chat with you too. Shhhhhhh- don't tell anyone but the distinguished and famous Mary Fish dropped in on Wednesday, so you never know who might be chatting with us! So come on now and stop in when we are open. You can see the clock and what time we are there over on my side bar!!!!!! ~Donna

18 comments:

Robbie said...

Beautiful card! I still have some Soft Sky! Still have some of the other incolors too! Love your medallion, ribbon treatment, and flower sprig.

Marisa said...

Love the focal flower element and the vellum sentiment panel is fabulous. Of course I love the swiss dots ;)

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

Lovely card Donna.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love the soft colours and the wondeful texture. I really like your vellum sentiment.

Sandy said...

So soft and pretty. And I love how you did the ribbon and flower.

Jen Timko said...

Very pretty! I love your sentiment on the vellum. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Carol Smith said...

OH, Donna, you NEVER cease to amaze me! I love the way you do ribbon. And I am inspired to start using more vellum, too. Thanks for all your awesome ideas. Carol

LeAnne said...

Just beautiful!

Sue said...

Beautiful card!

Patti J said...

Hi Donna! What a beautiful card, dear friend! Absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing...

Leigh said...

This is a perfect get well card...just lovely.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the clean, fresh design of this lovely card! Great subtle use of these colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Broni said...

This is just beautiful! Love the white expanse with just hints of color! Thanks so much for playing along at the Color Throwdown!

Jen said...

Stunning, as always, Donna. This is a fabulous interpretation of the sketch! I hope you'll join us again!

Lesley said...

Love that velum! What a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches Donna.

Cindy Hall said...

Love the colors, design, texture. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita said...

Great take on the sketch, Donna. I love the way you used the vellum for the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Sannes said...

Absolutely lovely!