Tuesday, November 15

Inspired by Anna Lowther

For those of you who were in chat this morning you know I have a class tonight that I am not ready for.....but a clean stamp room makes me want to play!!!!! Many, many years ago when I would travel into the flower show in late March for a reprieve from winter I bought my first REAL piece of art. It captivated my heart done in a pure black background with lace and flowers popping from the canvas. It truly set my mind on fire and my decorating skills and now card making are always drawn back to her inspiration. In Ann Lowther's early paintings everything was on black and I distinctly remember the first time I saw her creations in something other than that. I was sad and my heart did not jump. However, she like all of us has evolved! I chose to do this card from her inspiration. I AM NOT an artist but I draw from that to create with my paper. I hope you will find what makes your heart leap and draw from that for your own cards! Enjoy! I am putting this card into the take two challenge at My Time To Craft because I used glitter paper and crochet ribbon! Plus Stamptacular Sunday wanted something punched! And I used Real Red, Always Artichoke and River Rock for the Paper Players Challenge along with black and a little blue shading!

~Donna

20 comments:

Patti J said...

You are, most definitely, an artist, my friend! This is stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. Hope you get things ready for class tonight. I just told my bestie that I don't want to do anything - cleaning, crafting, etc.... just plain lazy today! All right, back to the grind! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation - love the doily!

Bonnie said...

The images on the black are exquisite! No doubt in my mind that you are an artist!

Marisa said...

I absolutely LOVE this, Donna! Totally gorgeous card and a great use of the SU punches!

Carol H said...

Gorgeous!!! This made MY heart leap! Love the black background, the pop of red glimmer paper and the doily....all right, I love everything about it!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Truly stunning! How lovely to draw on such a memory for inspiration! Hugs xx

kim H said...

I love this. Hope you frame this card. I would love to know how you made it. It looks like a lot of work, but totally worth in. Beautiful

Shelia said...

BEAUTIFUL. and you are truly an artist. You create from within, and that shows in your creations. You are such a beautiful person. You are full of gratitude to our Maker, who is the Ultimate Creator, and it shows through in all that you do.

Merry said...

Oh this card is so stunning.....

TIONYA said...

Wow! You are an artist, my friend! And a very good one at that! This card is just purely stunning!

Barbara Dykhouse said...

Donna, you are an artist! This is just stunning. I'm trying to figure out just how you did that.

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Gorgeous Donna. Just stunning.. it is like a piece of art for sure. hugs

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Donna! It IS a work of art! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Nina said...

Ohlala, what a fab card!! Totally love everything about it.

Thanks for joining our "Punch It" challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week :)
Hugs, Nina.

Carole said...

Simple elegant and stunning. How did you do the doily?
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

Leigh said...

Beautiful card Donna. I love the simplicity of it.

inkedx2 said...

Beautiful! Love it.

Susan Joyce said...

Stunning! I just love your work of Art Donna, very dramatic. Thanks for Playing at The Paper Players this week.

Anne Marie said...

just beautiful, Donna! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the paper Players! :)

Lesley said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.
Smiles,
Lesley

Anonymous said...

Thank you donna for your kind words. My work has evolved but I still paint still life also birds and other subjects.
I decided to change my approach mostly out of boredom. Please check out my web site and take a peak at all of my newest work.
Thank you for your kind words,
Anna Lowther
www.annalowther.com