Sunday, October 30

SNOW is in the AIR

We had a snow storm last night. Not flurries, not a dusting but full fledged N'oreaster as they call them here in New England! For those of you who do not live in New England, this is WAY TO EARLY!!!!! I have been holding off posting any winter or holiday themes but I think the weather has given a no holds barred approach to the season, so here is something to make your heart a little warmer. I had seen a variant of this card done on Nancy Rileys blog and decided to make this cutie penguine jump for joy for snow fall and even though he looks happy he sends warm greetings to those of us who are not happy! This card also fulfiflls a lot of challenges listed below, and did you see my embossed snowflake done with my deep embossed leaves technique! You can watch the technique above on my tool bar by clicking VIDEO! ENJOY!
challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday~ borders and frames
Color Lab ~ Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist
Sweetest Sunday ~Variant of their sketch


~Donna

6 comments:

Jen said...

I hope you didn't lose power in the storm Donna. We're fortunate that we didn't get as much snow as others to the west of us! I love your little penguin! It's like he's singing and dancing in the snow! So glad you could join us at the ColorLab this month!

Stampalicious said...

Oh Donna! this is sooo pretty, love your dry embossing and the frame too, gorgeous! thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday, hugs, martina

Patti J said...

Been watching the weather up your way...brrrrr! I'm certainly not ready for that yet. What a darling card, Donna! And I do love that snowflake! I'm chicken to try that technique - guess I need to give it a go, 'cause it's wonderful! Thanks for sharing, and keep warm, dear friend!

-Susan- said...

Oh Donna you are sooo creative and clever. I love your card and many of your previously posted cards. You will always be my hero!

Leigh said...

I like your Christmas card Donna. Keep Warm!!!

Heleen said...

Hi Donna,
What a lovely card did you made! Love the picture and it's coloring. Thank you for joining us at stamptacular sunday and I wish you luck on the challenge. Hope we see you soon again.

Hugs,
Heleen