Thursday, September 22

DEMO LUNCHEON SWAP



Today I hosted my second demonstrator get together, and we had a blast on a humid rainy afternoon. We shared some great stories, fun techniques and class ideas too! We had a fun "picnic in" lunch and learned a new way to use crystal effects and recycle valuable things around the house for spooky projects (wink) Here are some of the cards we made for our shoebox swap time and some gifts I received from these great gals. This demo get together started with one new gal who moved to Massachusetts from Michigan and now has grown to 6 new friends who are spread all over and whom had never met or only met briefly. What a fun opportunity to share and play. I would highly recommend that you shout out a call in your area and have a stranger demo meeting! It is almost as good as convention!!!! To all of oyu in Massachusetts and sourounding states give me a holler for the next time we get together in November!!! We would love to have you join us! Enjoy!~Donna

6 comments:

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Love these cards Donna! (wink, wink!) Love the Crystal Effects story too! I need to try that! It was a lovely, lovely time, and I also highly endorse it! I can't wait to show these cards to my class gals too! Thanks for a lovely afternoon!

Patti J said...

Looks like today was a lot of fun! Cards are beautiful, love the fall colors, and speaking of fall, the flowers are beautiful! And, hmmm....was that chocolate? Yummm...choclate... Hugs!

Kathy said...

I am a demo in Middleboro, MA (and I work in Brockton). I'd LOVE to join your next demo event!!! klarrivey@comcast.net

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I know how nervous you were about your 1st time ... so it is good to hear about how wonderful your 2nd was! It's all about "breaking the ice" ... isn't it! Well done Donna ... for wanting to reach out and help a stranger feel encouraged and find some new friends. And ... what a talented bunch you all are! These swaps are sensational. Hugs xxaxx

Patti Willey said...

Thanks for this post! You've inspired me to change up my Demo meetings which are not well attended I think because they're a bore!

Say, looks like beautiful soapstone counter tops! I love soapstone!

-Susan- said...

I'm seriously thinking of moving....(I wonder how my hubby would take that?)