Saturday, September 3

Stamping411 challenge

I am still playing with the scoring tool SIMPLY SCORED and by using the template on the board I scored a diagonal square for the sketch from Stamping411 ! Love fooling around with this new toy! LOL!!!

MY favorite card of all time is in this link. I loved it when I originally made it, I loved the colors Groovey Guava and the stamp set and the dsp ginger blossoms and of course the introduction of my favorite all time color River Rock. I didn't look at it before I created this weeks Stampin' 411 sketch but tried to use it as my inspiration for today's card. I still love the original because, although our new Calypso Coral and Riding Hood Red are similar to the colors back in 2008 they still don't combine as well for this card as the originals. But I had fun anyway! Why not take a card that was your favorite long ago and redo it in today's Stampin' Up! Colors!!! Have a great day!


~Donna

13 comments:

Kate said...

Gorgeous!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Oooh this is just gorgeous Donna - like a little place in a special garden with the trellis style of embossing - LOVE IT!!
xXx

Kim Score said...

Beautiful card! love the hatched background. This will be on my inspiration post tomorrow. TFS

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Holy Moly girlfriend! Love this and have to start experimenting too. thanks for the inspiration.

V said...

Hi I came on over from Kim Scores blog, this is a gorgeous card!!

Vonnie said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh i really like this. Thanks for sharing!!!

Mary Lou said...

Hi Donna --long time no visit from me but...here I am LOL
Scoping out your new ideas~~UNBELIEVEABLE IDEAS!!!!

Why I don't visit more often is beyond me--oh yes I know busy with little fun time :o)
I have to sya that the doily flower you made awhile back~DYNAMITE!!!!
Now these SCORED cards--Gorgeous dear!!!
Take care and happy fall almost :)
Hugz

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oh my! So much to love about this one! I sat for ages trying to work out how you did the embossed bird ... note to self "TRY IT!" Loving the scallop circle with the stamped edge. I just had to enlarge this to soak in all the beautiful detail! Hugs xxaxx

Anonymous said...

Love this card! Does the template for it come with the Simply Scored tool? Is that what you mean when you say you used the template on the board?

Selene Kempton said...

Oh my gosh! I'm diggin that background!~ How very cool!

Patti Chesky said...

Oooooohhh! I love the magic you're creating with that score board! It's amazing!

gbarron56 said...

Donna -- this is an absolute work of art -- just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Donna! Congrats on the 411 pick, too!