Monday, August 29

GOOD RIDANCE IRENE



Hey everyone, it is sunny and beautiful here in new England after the visit from Irene over the weekend. We faired ok with some trees down. This is two houses up from me. The wires are broken off the pole and drooping pretty low!!! We have no internet service so I am using my daughter's across town to post this! Anywhoooo I will be absent for a few days until everything is restored.



In the meantime I have had a lot of questions on how to do the wedding card I posted last week. So here it is:


I took a standard card base 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 foded it in half, and tore the edges along the top right side and then added a layer 1/4" smaller and tore the same edge a little smaller to make another layer. Very pretty. Then I embossed the doily image with white embossing powder on the left side of the card layer. I used a sponge to add some Blushing Bride color to the insdie and out toward the edges. I then took a piece of vellum and a stylus and dry embossed the same stamp set in a few areas to make the vellum bottom of the card. Added a focal layer in the center and done!Easy as can be. Enjoy!




~Donna

7 comments:

Patti J said...

Whatever will I do without you? Sigh..... Glad you are okay!

Jean McKenzie said...

Hi Donna, So glad to read that you are all safe after Irene passed through. Your hurricanes are the equivalent to our cyclones and I was most relieved when I heard Irene had been downgraded to a Category 1. Still at that strength they can cause a lot of damage.

Leigh said...

Glad you and yours are safe Donna.

Shannon said...

Donna I am so glad you are all all right! Thank God that Irene wasn't as bad as expected. I talked to several people in New England and NC today and it sounded like it was scary and did a great deal of damage, but it could have been much worse. Thank you for the update post :). Sorry I have been quiet lately. Lots going on and I miss our little "chats."

Ruthie said...

I say "Good Riddancce" to her as well.... all we got in our little comjunity was extremely high winds... very little rain - some people lost power - we didn't.... biut it was a "crazy" night! My herat goes out to those who experienced so much more! this is a gorgeous card - thanks for the help with it.

Lisa B said...

Beautifully creative card! Did you mean "good riddance"? Sorry, I'm a bit of a spelling fanatic.

Butternutsage said...

I am such a dunce thanks for the correction...I needed that!