Thursday, June 2

2011~2012 Stampin' UP! Catalog preview

Well, I am excited not to show you a couple of cards I made with the NEW stamp set from Stampin' UP! called Cherish Friendship. I made one clean and simple using the new IN COLORS and the other I did in a vintage style using two NEW PUNCHES!!!!!!! The Cherish Friendship set allows for a lot of versatilty as you can see here. I made mini wallpaper for the vintage set and cut out the flowers on the chair to cameo them! But I am particularly fond of the clean lines just a simply stamped chair makes. WAIT until you see what else is in the package!



OK do you want to hear something funny ( shall I say stupid) that I did?

I was so dang excited to get playing that I added my chair image to an acrylic block (see I have been ordering all CLEAR SETS LATELY.) When I went to take it off the block to my horror realized it was a WOOD SET not a clear set, and it is permanently adhered to the acrylic block. No microwaving was able to undo it. So, now I need to order a NEW SET again and a NEW BLOCK!!! But I am just thrilled to be able to play with it and I have NO REGRETS just shame for being silly!!!! ADVICE make sure you are thinking straight when you adhere your images!!!!!! ~Donna

7 comments:

Melinda said...

first off I will say awesome cards. 2ndly I wouldn't think you'd need to buy a whole new set. You should be able to peel off the rubber. You can buy some cling mount to replace the foam that got damaged. Then put it on your wood block. The acrylic block should be salvageable as well.

Anonymous said...

You may find that it is just perfect as it is, and you'll want to mount all of your stamps on acrylic blocks. Of course, you'll go broke, but Of the few that I have purposefully mounted on clear blocks (because I DON'T LIKE double mounting my stamps!) I really like having it that way!

Creative Monkey Designs said...

You don't have to buy another set, just take a ride to AC Moore and buy UnDu adhesive remover. drip it at the edge where the stamp meets the block, wait a few seconds, start to lift the stamp and continue to drip UnDu as you go. UnDu has the perfect top for this. Lay the stamp sticky side up to dry and it will be sticky again, just like new. I've been enjoying your cards Donna, hope to see you this summer.

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Donna I love both cards, and the CAS chair is very nice. Love that.

PS: I did that once with a stamp and block, and I DID get it off... I think I just lifted the end with razor knife and "pulled" like crazy. Good luck. hugs.

Denise Willerton said...

Donna ~ I absolutely LOVE what you create ~ and your poor stamp set ~ TFS your creativity!!!

NQproducer said...

Wow, I am blown away by your vintage sample!! And you cut out the basket and its contents, such a lot of tiny, precise cutting. It is such a soft and delicate design with soft colors and prints! It's just beautiful! Lots of work, but gorgeous results!

P.S. Would love to hear if you tried the UnDo and whether it worked or not to remove the non-cling stamp from the acrylic block.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am blown away by your vintage sample!! And you cut out the basket and its contents -- such a lot of tiny, precise cutting. It is such a soft and delicate design with soft colors and prints! It's just beautiful! Lots of work, but gorgeous results!

P.S. Would love to hear if you tried the UnDo and whether it worked or not to remove the non-cling stamp from the acrylic block.

This is the third time I have tried to leave this comment, once using my name and once my AOL chat name. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but this is the biggest reason I hardly ever leave blog comments. Sorry to all the talented card-makers out there.