Monday, April 11

River Bed Butterflies


The glistening, fluid color in these butterflies, sets off the simplicity of this card eloquently! Like jewels in sunlight, the glittery shine makes an unexpected hello when this card is first taken out of it's envelope. I love the technique, which is like the glittery colors I have seen for the past 10 days at Disney World. Looks like I brought home some pixie dust and some of Florida's warmer weather too!!!!! The technique created here uses ink refills and a paint brush, and allows for one color to flow effortlessly into the other, just like swirling spring streams! Enjoy!
~Donna

12 comments:

Marisa said...

Beautifully elegant card! Love the EF (I'm kicking myself for not putting it on my last order!) and your butterfly is gorgeous.

designbydonna said...

Very lovely card. The butterflies are gorgeous. I like how that embossed border sets off the whole card.

Anonymous said...

That is stunning! What technique is that?

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE GLISTENING BUTTERFLIES...COULD YOU GIVE MORE DETAILS ON HOW THIS TECHNIQUE WAS DONE....PLEASE
THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR TALENTS.
BARBARA

Jackie said...

Absolutely beautiful! Please share more info on this technique.

Jackie said...

Absolutely beautiful! Please share more info about this technique.

Shelia said...

Donna, first of all, I am so glad you and your family, are safely back home. This card is absolutely wonderful. I hope you send beautiful card to yourself. You are the true friend.

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

OMG... this is GORGEOUS in its simplicity. Beautiful card.

PS: love your previous post as well. What a cute set. Hugs.

Lisa S. said...

Beautiful card. The closeup of the butterfly is fabulous. Yes - please do share the technique!! TFS.

Jen said...

Gorgeous butterflies!!! What a fabulous effect!

Anonymous said...

Iwould love to know this technique too....please, please :o)Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, I think all your cards are beautiful, but especially this one! I too would love to know how you got this beautiful effect on the butterflies. Is there shimmer paint and embossing powder too?

Thanks
Rachel