Wednesday, February 23

TRENDY CHALLENGES

I am just having way to much fun making these Book Boxes. I had no idea they would be so addictive! LOL! A card isn't a card for me anymore! Now, I have to make them a set and put them into a Book Box for a gift! Anyway this card is for a couple of fun challenges. The first is the color pallet of Perfect Plum, Always Artichoke and the neutral Whisper White for the ColorDare Challenge. The second challenge is for Paper Players. I really had fun with this sketch, because I sponged it, stamped it, and then stamped some words over the images for the horizontal layer. After I did all that there was no place to pt the extra shape layer. I tried puting in some oval rings but that didn't look good, so I decided to leave well enough alone! Stampin Royalty had a similar layout and I think this card fits that too! Lastly, the ABC challenge had "O" is for ovals, so I layered my sentiment in ovals. Have fun!
~Donna

16 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! This is fantastic! Still want that tutorial ... just need to get my butt into gear! Hugs xxaxx

Suzanne said...

What a wonderful book box. Love all the sponging and stamping techniques.
Thanks for joining in with the ABC challenge this week.
Hugs Sue x

Patti J said...

Okay, you win - I LOVE IT!!!! I'm off to shop. Hugs!!! Thanks for sharing!

Always Playing with Paper said...

Neat take on the sketch! It works! Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week!
Lesley

sari said...

Love your elegant card and that box is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week!
/Sari

Shelia said...

Donna, these boxes are beautiful. And the best part is after they use the cards out of it, it makes a perfect place to keep special cards they receive for their birthdays and the such. I love the pep I hear in your emails.

Anonymous said...

Your work never ceases to amaze me Donna ... I love the card you made using the gauze and the Valentine's card you made and the one with the little bees on and - well, just about everything really. You are truly an inspiration and I shall pop back here later on for a better look ... am "Tim Holtzing" today so have VERY inky fingers. Love Debbie xXx

Kerin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie Uzee said...

Love the clean & Simple look of this card. Easy to mass produce so you can fit lots in your fantastic book box! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Dori said...

Fantastic creations. Very simple and elegant.

jaydee said...

Donna, Love your use of this set. You managed to create depth with your three panels and it works so well. A wonderful take on the sketch.
So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Cathy said...

Stunning card. Love the panels nad colours on this.
Thank you for joining in the ovals challenge at the ABC challenge this week.
Cathy xx

Heidi said...

So cute! Thanks for playing the ABC challenge.

Kim P said...

Wow!! This is fantastic!!! Looks like a winner for any challenge to me!!

Glenda J said...

Clean, simple and absolutely wonderful. Love the layout! Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare.

Sandra Farrell said...

purple and green are my favourite colours together. So adorable. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week.