Monday, February 21

Old Fashioned Book Box



Did you see the pictures from last week of all the construction we did. WOW that was a lot of work in a short time and I sure missed spending the time in my stamp room, but what a joy to be able to work with our son and his wife on a project that we can all be proud of.

So now that we are pretty much done with that, I spent the morning in my stamp room and created a gift box that looked like an antique book for the Old Fashioned challenge at ABC Challenges. This is a Book Box....it looks like a book but opens in the most delightful way to reveal a special gift of note cards inside! I used the NEW designer series paper in the Occassions Mini Catalog and an old "FAVORITE" retired stamp set that I can not part with called Touch of Nature. Did you notice that some of the images in the Botanical Garden DSP are from that set. YUMMY!!!! LOL!!!!
If you would like to make this box you can check it out here! See you soon!
~Donna

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Your box turned out beautifully, Donna! What a great idea for the challenge. Your son and DIL are so blessed to have you and your DH! Hugs...

Shannon said...

Donna, this is sooooooooooooooooooo gorgeous. And, I am not just saying that because I adore you. I am saying it because I LOVE it. Your talent amazes me. Hugs!

Sage Kimble aka The Mad Stamper said...

Beautiful project, Donna. Elegant.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is so elegant ... and so impressive! I soooo want this tutorial ... Must pop back and have a look when I have some time! Gorgeous, Hunny! Hugs xxaxx
PS Thanks for your lovely email ... will respond soon! xxaxx

Shelia said...

Incredible. This is so vintage. Beautiful.

Jen said...

Wow!! To say that this is something else is an understatement! When I first saw it, I wondered why you were posting a picture of an old book. I should have realized that it was you up to your cool tricks again!