Tuesday, February 8

HEARTS and FLOWERS and ROMANCE

Photobucket" />”>
Here is another version of the Quarter Fold Pocket Valentine. I colored the Flowers in the DSP Valentine with Stampin' Write Markers (so fun to change the colors up don't you think) and used the card for the My Time To Craft Challenge of hearts and flowers, and by using Concord Crush to co ordinate with the Concord Crush ribbon, it worked great for the Picture Perfect Creations Challenge for color combo! Finally the colors leant themselves for an old fashioned romantic card that was perfect for the Paper Players challenge of romance, too! You can see how I did the loop design in the ribbon below, along with the template I used to create this card. All you have to do after you decorate, is fill it with love notes or gift cards for a special treat this Valentine's Day! Enjoy!
BEGIN with the ribbon hanging down from under card. Loop up and behind card and secure (I used sticky strip) make loop as small as desired and begin the process again all around the card.
~Donna

TEMPLATE printable
or

17 comments:

Tiffany Bauer said...

This is just super cute!! I love it and what a different way to show someone you love them!!! I will be featuring this on My Crafty Picks on 2-13-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Sylvia said...

What a lovely Valentine, Donna! I love that DSP!

Tamie said...

Donna this is so much fun! I love it! It is really cool how you used two ribbons on the heart. Must say you rocked our color combo! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful peice of inspiration with us at PPC. Nice Valentines.

Hugs
Tamie - PPC DT

Pat said...

Beautiful Valentine pocket, gorgeous papers. Thanks for sharing at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

LeAnne said...

Well, not only is the project clever, but I thought my eyes had totally gone awry until I realized you "altered" those pretty pink flowers into PURPLE!!! Genius!

Stephanie Uzee said...

Love this V-Day project. Love all of the Concord Crush Ribbon! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Patti J said...

What fun! I love it! That ribbon is yummy too! Thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

What a funky idea with the ribbon! Neat-o! Your card is wonderful...thanks for joining us at PPC this week!

Loraine Arderne said...

Really beautifull, love what you've done with the ribbon.

Shelia said...

You know I love me some purple. Very pretty. Hadn't thought about coloring in on the DP.

Kerin said...

Love the way you altered the dsp Donna! It's a refreshing change to see a Valentine in purple!!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

OMG! This is fabulous! I have no idea how you did that ribbon but it is beautiful. Love the deep purple and how you colored the DSP.. how clever is that! So pretty.

Leigh said...

This is so pretty Donna. Gorgeous papers.

Nance said...

Oh my word! You colored the flowers in the DSP? You're a genius!! How cool is that? Love the purple flowers and so glad you could join us at The Paper Players again this week!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Have NEVER thought of changing the colour of flowers on DSP! What a fantastic idea. And ... this project is sensational, Donna! You clever girl! Hugs xxaxx

Sandy said...

What a super neat card!!! Thanks for sharing! Definitely rocked the color combo! The DSP is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at PPC!

Tiffany Bauer said...

Donna, Thank you so much for the beautiful card you sent me in the mail!!! You are too sweet!!!