Monday, February 21

Happy Retired Birthday


Today's card was a winner using the sketch challenge from Paper Pals Arts .
It was a bit difficult for me to add that many layers going in opposite directions so I toned it down a bit by using only a couple of colors! I also changed out the word from Friend to Happy Birthday on the center image. I guess the design team liked it!!!! Thanks PPA!
I have a confession to make, I used a retired set on this card. It has been tucked away for a long time and has always been one of my favorites. I only have three retired sets that my heart could not give away and Touch of Nature is one of them. The butterfly in that set is my favorite of all the Stampin' Up butterflies and if you haven't noticed yet all the images from that set are used in the NEW Designer Series paper Botanical Gazette found in the NEW Occassions Mini! So you know my heart went pitter patter when I saw it! I hope you have a great Monday, enjoy!

~Donna

10 comments:

nancylempinen.blogspot.com said...

I absolutely love this card, the colors, stamping (retired or not)your bow placement, the layering and the framing in the circle,
beautiful!

Leigh said...

Donna, this is a beautiful card. The black adds elegance. Love it.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! I love the butterflies ... and the lattice embossing on top. Totally inspired, Donna! Hugs xxaxx

Shelia said...

As always beautiful. I love the beautiful botantical theme. Isn't God wonderful to us for all our little beautiful "nature" things.

Cards by Gina said...

Beautiful card! Love the motif you chose and what you did with it using the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week.

maryr917 said...

this is such a pretty card-congrats on being the ppa pick of the week

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very nice! Love the DP and how texturized the one. Lovely card!

Mary Fish said...

Congrats on being a PPA pick!

Hugs, M

Jen said...

Congratulations! This one's a stunner!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are beautiful - all have a unique flair and challenging to CASE........