Sunday, February 20

GAUZY!


I was surfing this evening after the let down of being finished with renovations. The thought of hubby going back to work tomorrow after a three week vacation, was on my mind. Oh how I wish he were retired, what fun we could have.....but that is in the future, so for now I will just dream of Paris. Speaking of which, as I was surfing I noticed a piece of guaze on my desk, and I thought hmmmm....I can do something with that, so I did. Now it is not my best peice of art work, but it sure was fun! A little Gauze + Ink = Monet? Hmmmm I really must have Paris and spring on the brain! Here is what I did to make this card.

I took the gauze and stretched it over the cardstock frame that I made. I used the 1 1/4" punch to punch two squares side by side to make a rectangle. Then I sponged Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzaz and Old Olive onto the gauze to make my background. So easy and it fits the Stapmin'411 sketch (sans ribbon) that is french! I couldn't bare to add ribbon to the lightness of the card. Love the texture of the textured card stock and the gauze background, hope you do too!
I have a new 3d project to share with you later this week, so come on back!~Enjoy!
~Donna

13 comments:

Patti J said...

Great idea! I'll have to give it a try! Beautiful card, Donna - thanks for sharing!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Well ... aren't you a creative genius! Talk about thinking outside the square! What a gorgeous effect, Donna! Sorry ... my internet is playing up ... and blurfing is such a chore! But ... I miss being here each day! (Which is always my intention ... you are on my "Visit Daily" list!) Take care! Hugs xxaxx

Marisa said...

Great idea and a fabulous outcome! Gorgeous card!

Always Playing with Paper said...

This is beautiful Donna. I love that look you created with the gauze!! Absolute perfection!! Oui-oui!!
Smiles,
Lesley

Kerin said...

Uh oh, 3 week vaca is over...I'm guessing you don't get to go to Florida this year? Great trick with the gauze!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Wow how clever you are! LOVE the effect of the gauze... TFS.

Patti Chesky said...

What a fun technique! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.

Selene Kempton said...

So cool! I love the layered inks! Very cool trick with the gauze!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is awesome Donna. Guess what I'll be trying next week! thanks for sharing your talents with us.

gbarron56 said...

Oh my goodness, this is simply amazing! You are a creative genius! Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along at Stamping 411 this week! Blessings, Gretchen

designbydonna said...

OH MY!!! Wow!! what a cleaver technique. You really had your mojo going here. I am definitely going to try that gauze sponging idea. Thanks for sharing that.

Bonnie said...

What a super creative idea! I love the it! Now to find some gauze.

Tiffany Bauer said...

What an awesome idea and I love how it turned out!!!