Saturday, January 1

Stampin411 Winner! 2011 is a lucky year!

Welcome and Happy New Year! What a gorgeous day it is here in New England, it feels like April! The ice is melting in my driveway, we took a walk and I am a happy girl! I had a little time before we head out, so I decided to make a card for two challenges. I checked in on Stampin411 first because, I actually won some blog candy from two of the operators! Lee Conrey and
Selene Kempton had some fun goodies to give away, thank you ladies I am so excited!!!!
For this card I used Kerin's idea of trying to make a vintage card. Let's just say vintage is not my strong point either but, it was fun trying and my resolution for this year is to try something new every day....thus my walk (wink)! I flipped the sketch vertical because it fit a little better that way, and it is all about the inspiration now, right?
For Our Creative Corner the challenge was to make a Thank you Card and use blue, vanilla, vellum and metal. These colors are so soft and pretty together. I put the vellum through the Big Shot and distressed it with a sponge and sahara sand. I also sponged some Baja Breeze on the cardstock under the vellum! See you tomorrow!~Enjoy your day!
~Donna

14 comments:

Diane Gilbert said...

Beautiful card Donna! I love the vintage feel you created. Well done! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

designbydonna said...

Such a pretty card. I have not tried vellum with IPs. I like the effect. Will have to try that.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just GORGEOUS!! I love the delicate feel of yesteryear you have achieved. Great work with the vellum - it is beautiful the way you have embossed it and torn/sponged the edge. Great use of color too. Thanks for starting the new year out with Our Creative Corner. We hope to see a lot of your creations in the upcoming year!

Shelia said...

Boy what a way to start out the New Year. This is def a favorite of mine. Beautiful.

Pauline said...

Beautiful, just dreamy! Love the mixture of texture and soft colours.

Selene Kempton said...

Gorgeous creation for spring. I love all the texture and the colors you chose. Happy new year.

Kris McIntosh said...

Love the soft dreamy feel of this card. Congratulations on winning some blog candy.

Kerin said...

Donna you may not think vintage is your strong point, but we'd never know it looking at this beauty!! Fabulous as always :)

Kasey said...

Donna this is so pretty. Congratulations on your wins. My wish for you is for that recognition to continue throughout 2011. Well Done!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Now that is one stunning card ... into my bookmark file it goes! Love the multi embossing ... gorgeous use of detail ... and love the "soft" vintage look! Hugs xxaxx
PS Sorry for the delay in visiting ... my internet is driving me crazy ... say no more! (wink)

Patti Chesky said...

Congrats on your blog candy wins! This card is stunning! It feels like a breath of Spring!

Connie Babbert said...

Wow...lucky you! Your card is SO elegant!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Totally stunning! How are you liking the bow maker?

Gloria Cardoza said...

Wow! For someone who says vintage is not your strong point, you have created an amazingly beautiful card. I love it. May I case it?