Friday, January 14

Embossed Framed Tulips



These challenges are for Stampin'411 , Stampin Bee, and Just Add Ink. I used the sketch from 411 and made the embossed layers to accent the focal point of the glittered butterfly and double ribbon. Andrea from Enchantink showed me how to do this awesome glitter technique and I have been using it over and over ever since! I used a Die and Embossed Folder for Stampin Bee and the monochromatic color scheme for Just Add Ink. We were in a blizzard when I took the black background picture, and we were without power from 5:30 a.m until 3:45 pm...do you think I was counting the minutes! Therefore, I had no good light to take the picture in and had to use a flashlight, but you should be able to see the embossed layers fine. Be sure to check out my VIDEO and learn how to make smaller squares and rectangles using the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder.~Enjoy, I am on babysitting duty until Monday so maybe I will be absent for a while! (wink)
~Donna

15 comments:

Leigh said...

Such a pretty card Donna.

Kerin said...

Now that is dedication, taking photos of cards by flashlight?!?! I know your stamp room must be as dark as mine with no power. This card is beautiful, love the layers of embossing, and of course the glitter!!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Wow this is fabulous. I agree with Kerin about the dedication. I would be a stumper and forget the flashlight.
THANKS so much for the video too. TFS.

Ms said...

Love the layers on this card... I went & watched your tutorial and it was helpful but I was wondering, do you do the smaller ones the same way?

Patti said...

Beautiful card. I love all those embossed layers.

Debbie Pamment said...

Now I PROMISED myself I would be a better blgger in 2011 but so farI've been failing dismally! Being school holidays doesn't help and we are going away for a couple of weeks - but PLEASE yell at me if I don't stop by regularly - I always LOVE seeing what you do - you have a style I envy. This one is just GORGEOUS!!!!!
Many hugs my friend
xXx

Shelia said...

This card has all my favorite things. the color combination, the butterfly, BOW and glitter. I love it Donna. How did you stay warm, do you heat with something other then electricity? I hope it doesn't go back out.

Benzi said...

Your cards are so pretty but had no idea you could get such good pics by flashlight. So glad you joined the Stampin B's die cut challenge this week.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! Stunningly elegant. Love the colours ... love the "monochrome"! Hugs xxaxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Just noticed your embossed/Dazzling Diamonds Butterfly. Gorgeous hunny! Hugs xxaxx

Jen said...

I love how the flashlight casts a shadow of the butterfly. It really makes the sparkly goodness of the butterfly stand out!

Karen said...

great cards, love the embossed tulips

gbarron56 said...

Beautiful cards and I loved your video tutorial -- very helpful! Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators this week! keep up the great work! Blessings, Gretchen

Amanda said...

So sweet. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink. xx Amanda

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Donna, I watched the video and I have to try this technique! It sounds easy, and maybe I'll get it once I play, but I also am a little stumped by how you would make this only (for example) 1" wide? Thanks so much!