Thursday, January 20

NEW LOOK


Hey everyone! Welcome back. I was bored yesterday and so very tired of all the snow in this part of the USA that I decided to make a blog header. WHAT!!!! I have no idea how to do that. Well, that was until I did.
I found a piece of wrapping paper with this pretty image on it and took a picture. Then I opened it in photo shop and went to work. I really only know how to crop and brighten in photo shop, but with a little trial and error I stumbled upon some new things. Oh, and can anyone tell me why photoshop is so difficult? Maybe it is because I went right into pse 7 instead of starting from the beginning. (wink)
Anyway, I took a picture of the paper and cropped it, and then I extracted the flowers. I pasted them on a transparent layer, and overlapped them several times. THAT EXPLAINS THE GRAY MARK DOWN THE FLOWERS ON THE LEFT. I don't know how to get rid of that. Oh well. It is what I'll call "ignorant chic"

I then put another little clump of the same flowers on the left and filled the entire background layer with bright white. When that was done I added my Title and Voila! DONE!!! The size is 960 x 200 with 300 resolution.

For the buttons I took the same image and cropped it. I made it a little more transparent, and somehow clicked a button that gave me the cool shadow on the left, but now I cannot replicate it. If any of you know how to do that, please let me know! I hope this little touch of spring on my blog makes you breathe lighter.

ALSO BE SURE TO COME INTO MY CHAT ROOM WHEN THAT BUTTON IS ACTIVATED ON MY SIDE BAR. I'D LOVE TO SAY HELLO! Enjoy your day!

~Donna

14 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful wrapping paper, was wondering where you found your flowers at! Just goes to show that with the right tools you can make anything into art! LOVE your new look!!! Mary

Patti J said...

You so rock, my friend! The flowers are beautiful!!! You are WAY ahead of me! I spent nearly one ENTIRE day trying to figure out how to do buttons on my blog, and finally gave up. Oh, how I wanted those tabs.... Anyway GORGEOUS, dahling!!!

nelia said...

Gorgeous! You did a great job. I love the colors.

Monique said...

How very inspiring!!!! I love the design you have chosen, and the tabs look amazing. Well done.

Marisa said...

I noticed these gorgeous flowers yesterday and wanted them for my blog LOL! Well done on making it all on your own! Absolutely love the image and the look! Now you have me wanting to go and play around myself.

mudmaven said...

This is totally exquisite! What a fantastic idea - there are sooooo many wonderful wrapping papers out there. Great job working with PSE7 - it's a struggle! ~chris

Jean McKenzie said...

Donna, your new blog look is gorgeous and to think that you did that all by yourself!!! I am totally hopeless - cannot even show a nice picture of my cards! That sure is beautiful wrapping paper - perfect.

Sue W said...

Well take a look at you!!!!
This is such a beautiful page.....great job my friend!
Those buttons are brilliant and if you hadn'e mentioned it we would never have picked the grey 'shadow' across the top!!!!!
I'm all inspired.........I think!!!!

Marsha said...

OMG! It is lovely! You did good!

Leigh said...

Fabulous new look Donna. Love it.

Tai said...

It is 6:45 Saturday morning and don't even ask what I am doing up blogging. I can't sleep of course. I love the new blog header design. I need a new look on my blog.

You are great.

Tai

Susie said...

I love your header and buttons! Oh my, you're talented :o)

I have such a hard time trying to figure out how to do that cool stuff in my photo editing software.

Carla Bazhenow said...

I too love it!!! *smile* How are you, haven't seen ya in awhile. I'm here to graze. I love what you did with the with the girl and her skirt from Easter Blossoms, she is gorgeous! Who'd of thought... love it. Hugs, Carla

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What fun! Sounds like it was a tricky process. I just used publisher ... and added wordart over the top of a free wallpaper image! I did crop the original image different ways for different uses. But ... it was fun to read about your "adventure"! Hugs xxaxx