Thursday, January 20

COLOR CHALLENGES that SING SPRING


WOW!!!! Thank you all SO much for purchasing my FIRST ON LINE VIDEO CLASSROOM! What sweet, sweet blog fans you are and I am very grateful. I hope you liked it...I'd love to hear what you thought when you got it and if it was clear and precise!

Now, on to today's card. It is really cold and dreary here in the northeastern part of the USA and winter is not my favorite time of year, but on the same hand I do not really like to RUSH spring. However, after seeing all the cards using this little cutie, and the fresh colors of Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, River Rock, Real Rose Red, and Pink Pirouette and Very Vanilla I decided to relinquish winter's hold and pop out a spring combo for my down under friends!
If you have been reading me for any length of time you know by now, how I get STUCK on one thing for about a week. So, taking the theme I used for the swan feathers I did the same thing with this little girl's dress. I just love the idea of a little petticoat peeking through from under the layers. Too cute if I do say so myself. I hope your wheels are turning and you too will try something different with layers. Send me a note so I can see what you've done!
Today's Challenges are Color Dare and Paper Players~Enjoy!
~Donna

22 comments:

Loraine Arderne said...

Donna this is beautifull.

Patti J said...

Beautiful card! I'm lovin' this technique! Great job, as always...have I told you lately how rockin' you are? lol...have a good day!

Julie Gearinger said...

Donna- this is so cute! Love the petal skirt and the combination of embossing folders- what a great idea! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous! I love the petal skirt...so unqiue and creative!

Kasey said...

Donna, I'd absolutely LOVE to be able to play with that build a petal (?) punch and stamp set, however unless it comes out in our next Mini, it's not available here in Australia. :-( Love the way you think Outside The Square with your projects.

-Susan- said...

Donna I'm in love with this card...precious!

Jean McKenzie said...

Donna, this card is just beautiful!!! Love everything about it. Just so soft and pretty - wonder if we will ever see the embossed frame and those stamps etc here.

Marisa said...

Way to work the colours with all that fabulous white space! Gorgeous card :) Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Dare this week :)

daniholland said...

Just gorgeous! If that set makes it to Australia, you've convinced me to buy it. I've got all sorts of ideas of things I can put skirts on LOL!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the skirt.

Pauline said...

Just enjoyed watching your Brick Wall video; good job! Like the clean fresh layout of your site. Thanks for sharing, Donna.

Leigh said...

Such a pretty card and the skirt of the dress is gorgeous.

Boo said...

You are waaaaaaaayyyyyyy too clever! I am still trying to figure which stamps you used to create the swan. I can't think out of the box, but you are so creative to do that and to share it with us. Thanks! Sue

LeAnne said...

It IS too cute! Good thing there are people out there like you, who can think outside the box! Otherwise everyone's cards would be boring like mine!

Nance said...

Simply GORGEOUS, Donna, and amazingly creative! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

Nance said...

p.s. and the Color Dare too! My aren't you adventurous!! :-)

Laura said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the colors and the use of the flower punch. Great job!

Joan said...

Oh my goodness this is gorgeous. Love the tiny bit of Regal Rose and how you created the skirt out of flower petals is stunning - very creative! Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare.

Glenda said...

So soft and pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Okay ... I am stressed! Have I missed THAT much??? I have searched and searched ... but I can't find that virtual classroom link! Did I miss something important somewhere???
This card is sweetness personified! Hugs xxaxx

Christine aka The Stampin' Ninja said...

Donna,
I found your blog through Jean Fitch's newsletter and I am SO glad I did! This card is simply stunning! I'll be honest, I never gave that punch a second glance. It just wasn't "my thing"... But I LOVE this idea! So pretty! Thank you for sharing! I'll be checking in with you more often!

And to you lovely ladies in Australia, certainly there must be SOMETHING we can do if you really want that punch/stamp set but the Australian catalog doesn't carry it... I'd be happy to send them to you if you'd like - we can work something out! Just let me know!

Hugs,
Christine aka The Stampin' Ninja

Christine aka The Stampin' Ninja said...

Christine aka The Stampin' Ninja